sony kills itself

Most hard core gamers will have either the PS3 or the X360. Most hard core gamers will also pick up the Wii, just to experience it, because it's so different.

I don't see that as competing. I see that as opening a Subway next to a McDonald's and a Harvey's instead of opening a Wendy's next to a McDonald's and a Harvey's.

It'll be useless soon. DVDs are on the way out right now. Going the way of the VHS and the Laser Disk. And by 2008, HDTVs will be standard.

spudlyff8fan said:
It'll be useless soon. DVDs are on the way out right now. Going the way of the VHS and the Laser Disk. And by 2008, HDTVs will be standard.

Says who? I think DVD's are the the CD's of today. Dual Disc CD's ar not even that great. Pointless. Standard DVD's ar afforable by everyone. They can be played on any TV on any DVD player. For HD you need a certian TV, DVDplayer and DVD. why for some extras and pictures I don't need. Come on. DVD's are not played out just yet.

Screw the FCC. it they think eveyone will be able to Afford and HDTV then i will agree with them. But truth is the will have to be affordable at the point where the 5 TV's in my hosue become HD. The FCC has been wrong before. and I like that idea it's just to soon.

Spuds, that won't happen as soon as you think....like Luda said, they need to be affordable....and trust me, as long as companies have lawyers, there will always be a battle over that of some sort....and yes, the next step would be direct digital download of movies and such.....but we are sooooo far away from that, it's not even funny....remember i used to be in the CATV business before my injury

asylum_boy said:
Spuds, that won't happen as soon as you think....like Luda said, they need to be affordable....and trust me, as long as companies have lawyers, there will always be a battle over that of some sort....and yes, the next step would be direct digital download of movies and such.....but we are sooooo far away from that, it's not even funny....remember i used to be in the CATV business before my injury
Yeah, they have lawyers, but who's going to sue? Sony? Magnavox? Because the only companies who would sue over TV regulations are the ones who make the TV. The ones whomake the HDTVs you'll need to buy.

Curse them all. Why do they want all my money. I need electri to use all of those pretty little things. The TV i'm bout to get will cost me $1000 minamal. The PS3 ( if i get one ) will cost me $599. and the DVD's will cost around $30. Why cant I not be rich. Rich ppl dont see the problem I face. :(

Let me rephrase what i said about the people that would fight this....It will be the Cable Providers....They will get to upgrading all that stuff when they can procrastinate no more.....As long as they have customers that they can rake over the coals with analog cable, they'll just keep saying "We're trying, honestly we are:wink::wink:"....It is too much money according to them....Soo, what do you do??....Watch DVDs all day, i mean you aren't expecting DVD quality anytime soon from all your cable channels, are you?

I'm here you. IT took a while for them to convert everyone over to digital cable. And thats even high.

And Honestly other that a shaper image...............and some can't even tell...................Whats going to be the difference in DVD's and the HD or Blu-Ray DVD's. Content is not enough.