Sony killing its flagship first-party title?

Ninja_Bee

Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Sunset Beach
It just occurred to me that Sony has really been messing up one of its flagship first party titles. Gran Turismo 4 was supposed to launch with an intense online mode, then it released without one. Then Sony said Polyphony Digital was working on an online version of GT4, which made absolutely no sense. Oh, and the Gran Turismo that was promised for the PSP at the launch of the system has been scrapped. Then at this year’s E3, Sony shows off “Vision Gran Turismo” which was just Gran Turismo 4 running in high-def. Sony tried to pass it off as a PS3 game, even though the videos still displayed the anti-aliasing problems that are present in most PS2 games. I guess this just points out another example of how bad Sony is messing up.

Actually, Vision Gran Turismo was at E3 2005 and was just a tech demo, showing what Gran Turismo is expected to look like on the PS3. This year was Gran Turismo HD, and they plan on re-releasing GT4 with HD graphics, and online play. Methinks it'll be great.

Hate to tell ya though, there's yet to be a bad GT.

spudlyff8fan said:
Actually, Vision Gran Turismo was at E3 2005 and was just a tech demo, showing what Gran Turismo is expected to look like on the PS3. This year was Gran Turismo HD, and they plan on re-releasing GT4 with HD graphics, and online play. Methinks it'll be great.

Hate to tell ya though, there's yet to be a bad GT.

Thanks for the clarification on the various unstellar PS3 GT versions that made their way to recent E3's. I brought it up because I'm certainly a fan of the GT series, but it is still shameful what Sony is doing. A re-release? If Polyphony Digital scrapped online for the PS2 and then scrapped the entire GT for PSP, you'd think they could come up with some re-envisioning of the series rather than a port with an extra online game mode (which was promised years ago on the PS2 anyway). It'll probably be solid, but it could end up like all those horrible EA sports games that came out early on the Xbox 360.