Sometimes a movie comes along that makes you think "What the ****"...

no no...
Lickballs...I'm guessing Jr?

oh man...man...oh....man....oh man...that's rich

Hey, new guy here. My votes are for almost ALL Johnny Depp movies. Either the movie or his character are extremely weird. And all of the Tim Burton movies are.... bizarre is a nice way of putting it.

But what confuses me the most are chick flicks. My wife won't even let me watch them with her (heehee) because I laugh at all the overly-dramatic love/kissing/heartbreak scenes. I also hate that the bad guys rarely ever get completely thrashed. It seems a moral victory is better than a thorough butt-whoopin'

Hmm. Sounds familiar. I know I saw Depp in an indi film that was set in the old west, was black and white, and was so exceptionally weird I even tried watching it three hours but gave up each time after the first hour or so.

Elf is another movie that is weird, but hilarious. Will Ferrell rocks!

yep that was it. the black and white one...had a lot of poetry references to william blake (because depp's character was named the same, though he was not the poet). and his native american companion was named "nobody". it was pretty weird.

elf was pretty good, not myf avorite ferrell piece. seriously, the part i laughed the most on was when he burped for a really long time..

i just saw anchorman last weekend, thought that was really good.

Yeah, anchorman rocks......Haven't seen Wedding Crashers, though......One movie that was totally "WTF" would have to be Final Destination(sorry if it's been said already).....but the bus scene towards the beginning of the movie made me jump up and fall off my seat.....And nice to have you on the boards Darth!

Beth said:
I could say soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things to this...but I won't.

Takashi Miike films, such as Audition, Happiness of the Katakuris, Ichi the Killer, Full Metal Yakuza, One Missed Call will all screw with your head.

I still flinch everytime I see the girl pull out the piano wire.

Happiness of the Katakuris makes you keep rewinding back to check that yes that did just freaking happen. It is the only Japanese Horror Musical I know of.

I totally had to find this thread. I finally saw Audition and it is WTF x2. It's one of the most distrubing movies I've ever seen. That chick is seriously messed up. I just bought a bunch more of Miike's movies, so I hope they're all just as twisted.

Beth said:
Takashi Miike films, such as Audition, Happiness of the Katakuris, Ichi the Killer, Full Metal Yakuza, One Missed Call will all screw with your head.

If anyone gets the chance, watch One Missed Call. I watched the dubbed version with my friends late one night and it was insanely hilarious, especially when the dub track didn't match up with what was going on in the movie.

The guy in the movie throws a hissy fit, and snaps his cell phone in half

2 seconds later.... *snap*

Throws it into the water.

Wait for it....
wait for it...

*splash*

It's funnier when you're watching it and laughing at how ridiculous the movie has been so far. The ending is worth watching the movie for, too.

I want the ringtone from the movie on my phone o_o

WTF movie you say? Well, let's skip everything in between and go to the top tier of this thing. The movie Begotten rules supreme in WTF, probably the most experimental film seen by the most people (which excludes experimental films made for the hell of it by hobbyists, and given they have made something more WTF than this).

wow... that's some pretty crazy stuff. Don't think I'm ever going to see that. Why does God kill himself again?

... oh, if you're looking for just a straight-up weird title, here it comes: Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. The synopsis?

"The far-out story has Jesus finally returning to Earth -- but he must contend with a world under assault by a band of vampires. Mary Magnum and the god of Mexican wrestling, El Santos, help Jesus fight evil in this oddball horror-comedy."

and the synopsis doesn't tell you what kind of vampires they are, but the credits on imdb.com do. That's right, Jesus is back to fight off lesbian vampires in a "Kung-Fu Action / Comedy / Horror / Musical about the second coming."