So Dark the Con of Man

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
Ok, so the thread title understates the impact of this topic by just a touch. I just like the slogan. Penny Arcade included a little blurb in their article the other day how the Wiis at E3 were running through the GameCube hardware. Did others know this? Am I the last one to find this out?

I hope that is a good sign. I hope that means the graphics on the Wii will be better. I hope that doesn't mean that the Wii and the various games for it won't be ready soon. But I guess all we can do is see.

I had no idea...should've sent a poet.

wijg said:
Ok, so the thread title understates the impact of this topic by just a touch. I just like the slogan. Penny Arcade included a little blurb in their article the other day how the Wiis at E3 were running through the GameCube hardware. Did others know this? Am I the last one to find this out?

I hope that is a good sign. I hope that means the graphics on the Wii will be better. I hope that doesn't mean that the Wii and the various games for it won't be ready soon. But I guess all we can do is see.

I had no idea...should've sent a poet.
::cough:: Yeah, this came out a few days ago. Personally, I take it as a BAD sign. I mean...the hardware isn't finalized yet? Not 5 months before the guaranteed projection? Not a good sign.

Prime 3 didn't look too hot, IMO. Thing is, I wouldn't expect to see the games featured at E3 to have improved graphics, and if they do it'll prolly be chock full of glitches because there isn't much time left to launch.

It looked XBox quality to me at the least. Of course I couldn't get up close and scrutinize, so I'm basing it on video. In any case, I know it looked better than either of the Prime games on the 'cube now. Super Mario Galaxy looked real nice as well.

I don't know all the fine details about the circumstances of Nintendo displaying the Wii games on Gamecube hardware, or what they're capable of showing or not showing at their whim, so I will withhold judgment for now. I figure what is important at launch is to release games that are on par graphically with the highest end gamecube games while displaying the possibilities and potential of the control system. The 2nd wave of games can start to take advantage of the added muscle.

Well, IMO Prime was the best looking game of all on the Cube, and one of the best games this generation, so there isn't too much room for improvement. It has some slightly improved graphics, like some smoother textures and some extra detail to the environments, but it's still just about on par with some regular Xbox games. Mario Galaxy, also wasn't too graphically impressive...but it looks like it'll be so damn awesome.