Sims Games

prose

Registered
Oct 15, 2015
Anyone else addicted to The Sims? I love playing Sims 3 for PC. I could go months without playing it, and then binge play for an entire weekend, creating an entire neighborhood with generations of Sims in just a couple of days. I also have The Sims Deluxe Edition and the Sims 2 with a couple expansion packs. Has anyone added any expansion packs to Sims 3, and if so, which ones? What are other Sims games or games similar to The Sims that you can recommend?

I wouldn't say addicted, but I do enjoy The Sims every now and then. My wife's closer to the addiction. Not a major fan of the fourth iteration; last I checked we have a bunch of the expansions for the third, and that's probably how it's gonna stay.

I can't think of any straight-on Sims games I would recommend, but if you like Sim titles like SimCity (which, I've heard, isn't so great of late) the Cities games are supposed to be pretty awesome.

I enjoy playing the Sims game and enjoyed the third one on the mobile and got a job and also romanced a girl and also has a affair as well, which surprised me how in a short time you can do a lot in the game and enjoyed the graphics and how you can do many things. I reckon that the Sims 4 game was an improvement and also played it when it came on the Origins site and was for free for three days last year, and was quite nice to do many things and even have a high paying job in the game. I think the Sims game was well made and also it was a game where you could move to other places and enjoy the environment and how you travel to other areas in the game.

Simcity 3000 was my favorite Sims game ever. I love building and maintaining cities in the comforts of my own home. You select the plot of land to make your city, sign treaties, lay the utilities such as waterworks, powerplants and whatnot and have people live and thrive in it. Love it whenever my small city grows and receives treaties and contracts from other cities to connect with them. I feel so accomplished, hehehehehe.

My favourites in the classic Sim series are the original SimCity and SimAnt. Unlike SimEarth, which conceptually should be one of the greatest entries in the franchise but was too over-complicated and insufficiently engaging in its execution: the learning curve for new players is reasonable, one can get their simulation up-and-running from scratch relatively soon, and it is full of fun, unexpected events (like monster attacks and a revolting populace) to keep things interesting!

However, I must confess that I haven't yet gotten around to checking out the modern Sims games! They certainly do look like they're quite fun though! Taking the concept behind digital pets to their logical (if perhaps disturbing?) conclusion, as it were! ;)