Shattered Galaxy

Hailbuster

Registered
Nov 18, 2005
hey all,

BCampbell told me i should stop in and drop a line ;) i'm not usually a fan of advertising for other games, especially on websites i'm not familiar with so i'll try to make this as short as possible. i met BC on dofus and mentioned another online game that i'm involved in that i've gotten addicted to and is one of the first online games that -despite saying i'll NEVER pay for online gaming- i ended up paying for ;)

concerning dofus itself, i'll post my thoughts on this game in that thread to continue with the thread content. for here i'll continue to talk about shattered galaxy.

it's similar to starcraft with it's units vs units aspect but you don't deal with resources and development. it's just good old hack n slash type units vs units type of battling - but there is more! it's more of a tactical game with those units where you have to work with your team in order to accomplish your goals with your units.

in all seriousness, if you get involved in this game there are tons of things that are constantly updating that help with it's development and strategic enticements. so much so that people IN the game have trouble keeping an up to date new player guide ;) yes, this seems to be a minor problem but as with most online games, alot of players learn off others which adds a bit of "newness" to the game that is again enticing.

there are two planets. one for the new players that have capped limits and one for advanced players that has a "cap" but allows for older player and newer player interaction to a point that balances at some points. more can be explained if required.

when you enter the new player planet you are able to get up to 48 units. you have 4 stats that you can increase and have base stat points of 5 in each stat.

i'll try to go over basics here and not get into too much detail.

tactics allows you to have more than the basic 6 units in battle at a time

clout allows you to get more advanced units faster

edu allows you to get more advanced equipment earlier

mech apt allows you to hold more equipment

in both planets there is an over-all map. there are 3 factions. you are assigned to a faction and battle the other two factions.

if you are in a map and someone from another faction hits you, you are the defender, they are the attacker. if you hit a map with someone from another faction, you are the attacker and they are the defender.

the object of the game depends on the map type which can be found on the f2 menu map type that shows the overall map. in most maps it depends on "POC's" points of contention. a ground unit has to sit on the poc for a certain amount of time in order to turn it to it's factions flag. in a basic map, there are two ways to win. if attacking, either gain all pocs at any time or have more pocs than the defenders by endgame time (games have a set time limit as well).

there are various other maps such as

AON - all or nothing
attacking members have to have all pocs at anytime before time runs out to win

SE battles - standard enhanced battles
both parties need at least one poc all game! if either the attacker or defender has all pocs after 10 min mark, they win!

Victory maps
similar to battlefield 1942 idea of ticket battles, the point is to make the other team lose all their tickets. tickets are lost if a team has more pocs than another. after 3 min mark, pocs mean more.

so as you can see, there's alot that seems to be involved with this game once u get into it. i haven't even gone into the intracacies of stat building or proper units to use ( there are 4 different types of unit sets. when u lvl a unit in a certain set, u give xp to that unit set!)

if anyone would like to try this game out or check out screenshots there are a few places you can go. most prominent is the game site itself

www.sgalaxy.com

a good forum to check out would be www.sg-city.com that has alot of info on the community aspect of this game

COOL FACT: players who loved this game gathered together to petition the game directors to push UNLIMITED FREE TRIAL through in order to upkeep the population for this game!

yes, it is a pay to play game but there IS an unlimited free trial. u won't have ALL the benefits of a paying player but you'll have enough to experience the game and be able to play it for an extended period of time.

if you dl this game and have any questions or want help with anything you can contact me ingame ( oh yeah, this game has various contact methods! ingame bbs, pm and ingame mail system!)

you can sgmail me (third button down to the right if u get ingame! type Hailstorm or Hailbuster in the TO: field and type your msg that you wish for information etc in the body of the txt. then hit send. you can also send me an email on jay_boyd10@hotmail.com

i've done a few new players guides for the game and also have alot of information on the game itself that i can give if you request it.

as for questions concerning guilds etc....there's a regiment system in place currently where you can create regiments that are able to battle together!

so much more can be said about this game that i'd be talking forever ;)

if this seems like a game that would interest you, definitly dl it and give me a shout to discuss it :)

again, i'm not a huge fan of "upselling" another game on a website i'm not familiar with so i'd request that if you have any questions or any concerns with this post or if you want information on the game, please contact me directly to ensure that we leave these forums clear :)

thx

Hail