Sellers on eBay selling digital titles for a dime?

Duelyst

Registered
May 9, 2015
Hey guys! I've got this weird question. First of all, I'd like you to know I'm not promoting this. I'm just curious if somebody made purchases this way and I'd like to how it went.

Sellers, from what I've read, use accounts that have the game bought from the PSN Store and after I pay them, they give me the account and let me download the game on my System and I've get to play with my own account. Is this actually doable? I've just got an PS3 and I'm wondering. There are a few people on eBay that have very high (and from the looks of it) legit ratings that sell these type of games and I suppose they don't scam. They sell for around 3 to 10 euros, depends on the game.

Cheers!

That's odd. I thought ebay was no longer allowing people to sell digital content? At least, that's why I'm told they stopped allowing the sale of digital e-books? If I were you, I'd look at something like that with extreme caution. It could be that they might not know about the digital content problem, or it could be that eBay re-instated it all. Who knows?

Yes, that is doable, but it is an exploit so not recommended. They will also deactivate the account from your PS3 after a while, so you only get to download its contents ONCE.

Though I think you have a low chance of getting scammed by these people on eBay, since eBay does not actually allow the sale of digital-only goods, and they usually side with the buyer if the buyer says they've been scammed.

I would recommend just buying games legit from the store itself, or physical copies (which, depending on the game, can be found pretty cheap on eBay too), though.

You run the risk either way. If a deal seems too good to be true, you should go with your gut on that. So, seeing as you're not running much of a fiscal risk it's not going to hurt enough to detour you. eBay is actually pretty good with scam follow ups.

Yes, that is doable, but it is an exploit so not recommended. They will also deactivate the account from your PS3 after a while, so you only get to download its contents ONCE.

Though I think you have a low chance of getting scammed by these people on eBay, since eBay does not actually allow the sale of digital-only goods, and they usually side with the buyer if the buyer says they've been scammed.

I would recommend just buying games legit from the store itself, or physical copies (which, depending on the game, can be found pretty cheap on eBay too), though.
As you so rightly say, eBay always, always sides with a buyer and is the reason why many people have stopped selling on eBay.

Are you looking to buy a DLC or a steam key?