Screenshots have made me a Smash Bros. convert

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I've been mostly meh-ish about the Smash Bros. series on the GameCube, but after looking at screenshots (need to see video yet) of the upcoming Wii installment, I think I might actually have to get this game.

I generally prefer games I play by myself, with a story (like Metroid, Zelda, etc.) but lately I've been wanting more and more to play games that are fun for more than one person. SSBB looks like a very worthy candidate.

For a game that's fabled for being the easiest-to-learn fighting game that's (inexplicably) taken seriously, to have any difficulty picking it up is just awful, man.

And SSBM, I used to like. But much like Soul Calibur, once I learned how to play it, it simply turned into crap. The sheer number of glitches alone warrant the game being dubbed as garbage in the first place. Occasionally, seriously massive glitches won't completely wreck a game. But when the game is BASED upon glitches at high-levels (wave-dashing and L-Cancelling, for example) while other glitches are frickin BANNED (confusion, climbers infinites), it just becomes hypocritical and stupid.

Brawl really has my interest peaked. If I do get a Wii, that and Galaxy will be the reason. The problem is, besides a handful of other games, I'm afraid I'll eventually lose any reason to bother with the system for a while (much like my dust gathering PS3).

scoops said:
falling off the platform was insanely easy.
Cmon...like every game ever?

But really, with this Fall...there's so many great fighting games coming out for the first time since 04, and that's far more worthy of a purchase than Brawl (potentially).