Robo Cop

Al007

Registered
Nov 13, 2014
who here remembers the original Robo Cop for the Super Nintendo. I used to play that game for hours. He had all of these cool gadgets. That small gun they give you to start the game is pretty funny. They don't give you very much health either. All those muscle guys who try and shoot you are just wasting their time. It's pretty easy to beat those guys.

I honestly can't distinguish much between the console Robocop games to be honest, but the one I remember the most was the one from the arcades. I loved that game but mostly just because I liked the character to begin with, but from what I remember those arcade games were very well made too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the SNES' RoboCop vs The Terminator in my youth!

robocopvsterminator.jpg

I consider it to be both the greatest RoboCop video game and the greatest The Terminator video game--at least among 2D platformers released on a Nintendo console! (Certainly better than the NES' The Terminator game. We don't talk about the NES' The Terminator game!)

(The Sega Genesis version of RoboCop vs The Terminator is arguably even greater, but I was a Nintendo fanboy of limited means and thus owned a SNES but not a Sega Genesis.)

RoboCop games are hit and miss, but a couple of them were pretty fantastic. I've put a few hours into each game I'd say. I wouldn't exactly play them today, but some of them were definitely classics. II wonder if they'll make another game in the future centered around RoboCop? Probably not.

I would have thought that a game tied to the recent RoboCop reboot would have come out, but that wasn't the case as far as I'm aware. And as the reboot was something of a flop (and apparently not very good), I don't anticipate sequels or video game adaptations based upon that rebooted continuity.

Future video games based upon the original RoboCop, however: the original franchise is still relatively popular and has a strong nostalgia factor, so it could be revisited in a future video game al a Scarface. Moreover, I could see the likes of SyFy coming out with another mini-series based upon RoboCop like Prime Directives, which a video game could be based upon.

On a somewhat related note (as the original RoboCop film's script started as a Judge Dredd film, to which the rights weren't obtained and had to be changed): I would like to play a solid video game based upon Dredd as well! :cool:

I remember playing the Robo cop game, and enjoyed the shooting part how the baddies would try to take you down but would find it hard to do and easy to shoot at them. At the time it was made it was good as it was related to the movies a little and suitable for people enjoying shooting games and Robocop now it would not be as good would have to be remade to get this generation of people to play it. The game was good to pass the time and, good to play with friends and share turns and see how far you can go until you need help to play the game.

I never played Robocop on the Super Nintendo, but I had it on the NES (around the same time I had Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles). To be honest I don't really remember much about either game, but I remember spending absolutely all my spare time trying to complete both games and being absolutely fascinated by the graphics!

I know we're talking about Robocop, I just wanna mention Double Dragon(!) before I forget!! I think it was one of the first truly 2 player games where both could play towards the same objective at the same time. I especially remember when you use to kill a bad guy and he'd drop his weapon, you could pick up the weapon but if you were too slow the weapon would start to flash and then disappear!

I never played Robocop on the Super Nintendo, but I had it on the NES (around the same time I had Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles). To be honest I don't really remember much about either game, but I remember spending absolutely all my spare time trying to complete both games and being absolutely fascinated by the graphics!

I know we're talking about Robocop, I just wanna mention Double Dragon(!) before I forget!! I think it was one of the first truly 2 player games where both could play towards the same objective at the same time. I especially remember when you use to kill a bad guy and he'd drop his weapon, you could pick up the weapon but if you were too slow the weapon would start to flash and then disappear!