Revolution prediction

BCampbell said:
I'd be surprised if the Revolution controller base cost $50. The Wavebird cost $35. More than $40 for the Rev controller would be very surprising. The technology is fairly simple and common.
It's not just a remote like previous wireless controllers. Revo has to track its position in three dimensions, plus its tilt, yaw and roll. I would be surprised if it didn't have at least one gyroscope in it (which aren't super expensive, but nor are they very cheap).

BC's right, we don't know if that's the final design. But it's still the latest and it's lasted a long time. I think whatever we get will be very similar to what is pictured there. I guess we won't know for sure until May 9th.

Until then: :vulcan:

I love the random selection of smilies on the right there.

Edit: I do remember those cases. They still use them for mini discs. I'd have a hard time envisioning how to make a slot that fit regular CDs and those cases as well, but we'll see!

pspumddiskcase.jpg

kinda. You take the white one out, and it has a slit for where the laser reads it. You then pop out a compartment that is in the back of the PSP, insert it, and close it.

medium_psp_disk.jpg

Cool beans. I didn't know that. I thought it just had a wee disc tray.

I think Nintendo has most likely found a way to use the same slot loader for both disc sizes. Hopefully a reliable way.

Anyway, to end this tangent, I figure Revo will come in at under $200CDN, so around $150USD or so. I doubt it will be as low as $99USD like the rumours claimed. But it will certainly be the lowest priced next gen console available. I think we can rely on that.

The picture indicates a mobility (possibly that it could easily be transported so jr can play mariokart in the van). Double or triple the likelihood of malfunctions.