Rate the Gamecube on a 1-10 scale

Boxcube

Registered
Jan 18, 2015
The Gamecube was a turning point in the way Nintendo would develop and design their consoles. No longer would they compete with Sony and Microsoft purely on specs alone, instead they altered their course for "unique" experiences.

With that being said, the Gamecube is my favorite console, slightly again of the N64.

I would rate it an 8

Pros:
- Decent 3rd party support
- Competitive graphics at the time
- A great controller
- Wide variety of games
- Great offline multiplayer games

Cons:
- Limited media storage
- Limited memory card storage
- Short console life

I'd probably rate it an 8 as well! It was a fairly powerful machine with a unique design that really made it stand out against its competitors. More importantly were the games for the Gamecube. In my opinion, the Gamecube defined the genre of party games with a great selection of multiplayer options that you could play for hundreds of hours!

Based on the incredible first party games Nintendo released alone, I would give the Gamecube a 9. When everything else is considered, I'd dial it back to a 7 or an 8. It was a great console, and back then it better competed with Microsoft and Sony, despite the limited hardware.

7.5, probably. The console was good, but it didn't get too much truly great third-party content, the ports were usually not too desireable, and the choice of medium ultimately hurt it more than anything. That said, it had pretty nice specs, looked great, and had one of the best fitting gamepads I've ever handled.

I would give it a 7. It has some notable games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Resident Evil 4, Pikmin, Windwaker, and Metroid Prime. It also was pretty powerful. I could have given this console an 8, but if you would compare the games that came out for the Gamecube as against the PS2, it's no competition. The Gamecube just had some slim pickings. Still, overall, it was a great console by Nintendo - a lot better than the N64.

I rate the Gamecube as a 9 easily. I may just be biased. This is probably the system I have spent the most amount of time on. The graphics were not half bad, the system was easy to move around, and the games were the most fun in my opinion.

8. I loved it. Had plenty of games, but limited features and those little disks were so easy to lose! :rolleyes: hah. I kid of course. Everyone who had one had them in cases or those binders with plastic sleeves anyways. Limited memory card features and storage was a drawback, but I NEVER had a complaint about console life. I was still running mine hard even five years after it came out. Thing was a beast.

So many good childhood memories when I was sick or just alone, playing games on Nintendo was fun, especially with such good game selections. Plenty of games with plenty of fun, there was barely any I disliked. Hard to say that about any other newer console so far.

8. I loved it. Had plenty of games, but limited features and those little disks were so easy to lose! :rolleyes: hah. I kid of course. Everyone who had one had them in cases or those binders with plastic sleeves anyways.
I was a big fan of the Gamecube discs. I liked the fact that less surface area meant for less scratches. I also liked the way the popped into the Gamecube itself.

Probably a 7 at best. There weren't many games on it that interested me. Not only that but the PS2's backwards compatibility and DVD player capabilities made it way more valuable as a whole in the household compared to the Gamecube.

I was a big fan of the Gamecube discs. I liked the fact that less surface area meant for less scratches. I also liked the way the popped into the Gamecube itself.

Yeah, but in the end, they had way smaller capacity, so the players suffered compared to the other consoles with their 4GB of space..

The Gamecube was a turning point in the way Nintendo would develop and design their consoles. No longer would they compete with Sony and Microsoft purely on specs alone, instead they altered their course for "unique" experiences.

With that being said, the Gamecube is my favorite console, slightly again of the N64.

I would rate it an 8

Pros:
- Decent 3rd party support
- Competitive graphics at the time
- A great controller
- Wide variety of games
- Great offline multiplayer games

Cons:
- Limited media storage
- Limited memory card storage
- Short console life

I agree with your post. I had a lot of fun with the gamecube. I have great memories with the star wars games that was released on the gamecube.

It's just too bad there were 2 other big hitter out there that competed directly with the gamecube.

In terms of look and design I'd go for a 2/10, because I never really liked having a console that looks like a block of plastic. In terms of games it's probably a 9/10, because there were so many great GC games that I really loved. Off the top of my head I'd list Smash Bros Melee, Wind Waker, Timesplitters and Monkey Ball as some of my favorite and most memorable gaming experiences with the Gamecube.