RAM cards?

indy4s

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I know CORSAIR makes RAM cards and really good power supplies, but if anybody knows, what's the recommended amount of RAM I should have for this "New" generation of gaming (I have 8 GB right now)?

I don't know if 8 GB will be enough for a gaming computer. My computer gets 4 GB of ram and manages to start over on me at least once a day if I have so much as a game with anything resembling good graphics. It might just be a computer problem on my end though. Just to be on the safe side, 12 GB might be a good number if they go that high.

I personally have 8 gigs installed, and it's okay for small daily use, but if I want to do some heavy browsing while playing a game, windows instantly stalls and kills some processes. If I built a pc right now, I'd go for 16 gigs, if I had some leftover cash then maybe 24..

8 gb of ram is good for right now but you should upgrade if you want your pc to last. I would go for 12 gigs, but if your budget allows you, go for 16 gigs of ram.

I have 4 GB in my case, and I can play most games on medium-high. I believe 8 GB is just enough for playing most games today, as far as RAM is concerned. If you think you really need more RAM, either get a 4 GB or an 8 GB stick. More is better, and you will need to upgrade eventually, so do it now if you really want it. I'll upgrade soon from my 4 GB, hopefully.

On my business desktop I run 4GB, but I'm upgrading to 8GB (the RAM should be in the mail as we speak). My gaming desktop has 16GB and I'd put in more but the motherboard won't support it (the system is over 3 years old and I've upgraded replaced almost everything but the motherboard and processor).

I'm currently running 16GB of memory and rarely max it out unless I'm also working on my virtual machines. This is coming from a user that uses tabbed browsing heavily, often having 80+ tabs open at any given time.

Even newer games won't be burning through 16GB of RAM - I think for the average gamer, 8GB of RAM will be perfectly sufficient for the near-term, with the option to upgrade to 16 down the road.

I have 8 gigs right now and even with a billion tabs open, Skype running, WoW, and music playing- I'm not even maxing it out the slightest. I'll probably add more later but right now it's not really necessary.

I have 8 gigs right now and even with a billion tabs open, Skype running, WoW, and music playing- I'm not even maxing it out the slightest. I'll probably add more later but right now it's not really necessary.
You're definitely correct about not needing more. 8 GB is perfectly sufficient for the vast majority of people out there, even if you're doing more intensive things like Photoshop or whatnot. Tabs definitely can add up, but you'd have to be running literally hundreds of tabs to be getting through 8 full GBs worth of memory.

8 Gigabytes of RAM is enough for the normal consumer playing games like CS:GO, Far Cry 3 or WoW.
You should focus more on your CPU and your Graphics Card, you really only need big amounts of RAM if you're into video editing or photo editing where big files need to be edited instantaneously.

Unless you're planning on running many applications at once, 8GB RAM is just enough. I see people buying 32 or even 64 Gigabytes all the time, but any more than 16GB is a waste for a computer with personal usage. I use 8GB myself.

Man 8GB of ram is never enough even for these games nowadays. You need to make sure to have around 20GB or maybe push for 32GB of ram. Especially since now there is DDR4 ram so that makes things better for bandwith while playing against other people online. I am just amazed with the newer pc systems out here that are high end which I am astonished with my findings. Man I did not think the I7 series were up to the 5000's now I could remember when my dad had built his I7 970 computer. Technological advances have always been very prompt and waits for no one.

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
What are your computer specs for your pc? It seems that 8GB is the norm but my computer is nowhere near as good as what other folks got. I just have to use my dad's laptop which is a I3-2350M for internet. The amount of ram that it has is around 4GB which is quite low but I have a good internet connection so its good enough for me. As far as games that is a different story.

RAM will be one of the last bottlenecks on our system, and 8MB is plenty. Your CPU and video card are going to slow you down way before not having 12 or 16MBs would.

8GB of ram should be more than enough to game with. I used to use 8GB and I upgraded to 16GB and haven't seen much difference. Some OS can't even handle more than 8 or 16GB. I just stick with the larger cards, rather than smaller cards, so if I need to upgrade I don't have to replace all of the RAM.

The extra helps while running a bunch of different things while gaming, but not when running a game by itself. If you're having any trouble with gaming I'd suggest taking a look at either upgrading your CPU or graphics card. Possibly even your hard drive. A fresh install of the OS always helps speed things up also.