PSP gets a major boost

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
I'm a DS fan, but I just became much more interested in the PSP. Yeah, they've got Guilty Gear Judgment coming out...today? Nope...got bumped back, but it has three Square-Enix RPGs announced for it now, and FINALLY an action-based MGS. Discuss!

Aw, crap! This is kind of why I had wanted to hold out for a PSP. Sony tends to have more RPGs than anyone else and it makes me sad since they're so expensive (No tengo dinero, ¿ves?). Especially since Crisis Core is one of them (hey, they made a crappy anime short out of it, but the game looks gorgeous. Plus, who doesn't like fighting Sephiroth, the most evil evil man in the history of games?). And a Tales game??? And a Breath of Fire III remake??? And now I see Suikoden is on the list? Oh, what a saaaad day. *Hopes her DS magically morphs into a PSP* Oh well... at least those last two are on Playstation and I can pay someone $60 on eBay to ship them to me...

Not fair, guys, not fair. Nintendo better start serving me some good adventure/RPG titles stat, or I'm gonna be pretty cheesed off.

Hey, the DS has some big games coming out too. Final Fantasy III. Final Fantasy CC. Dragon Quest Heroes. Zelda: TP. Children of Mana. Tales of Tempest. Xenosaga DS. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

All high-profile RPGs.

spudlyff8fan said:
Hey, the DS has some big games coming out too. Final Fantasy III. Final Fantasy CC. Dragon Quest Heroes. Zelda: TP. Children of Mana. Tales of Tempest. Xenosaga DS. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

All high-profile RPGs.

I know the DS has it's own lineup of RPGs, but I want Sony's especially. Lately I've been a fanatic of the FF7 spinoffs they've been churning out (just another person who's fallen into the mainstream), and seeing those other games I mentioned on the PSP list, I just kind of freaked out initially ^_^;; As I compare/review the two portable's lists (something I neglected to do before the first post), however, I find I can stand by my choice of DS... it's line-up still kicks the crap out of PSP's ^_^ (I had forgotten about gems like Mario and Luigi, Lost Magic, and, yes, even PokéMon P/D) I still wish i could play a lot of those PSP games though, and that's still what bugs me...

That Dragon Quest Rocket Slime game looks nuts though. Absolutely nuts. I can't wait to hear more about it.

...wow, I have to learn to stop speaking in parentheses....

Castlevania isn't a RPG. Action RPG maybe.

Parantheses rock.

Yah the MGS3 game and Crisis Core are enough for me to buy a PSP. *nods*

The PSX emulation should be hawt.

Taku said:
Yah the MGS3 game and Crisis Core are enough for me to buy a PSP. *nods*

This was my sentiment exactly, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to wait until the PSP is only a $100 or less to get it for these two games. By then the next generation of PSP will be out and these games will be bargain priced. It's really hard to justify the purchase of a system just for a handful (or less) of games. At least, that's always been my philosophy. This is especially true when the DS is kickin' so much ass with hit after hit announced at the E3. Besides, there is always the concern that these games will be available for download on PS3 or ported to the PS2 the way GTA Liberty City Stories is.