Psn

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
FF9 is scheduled to land on PSN sometime this week. I personally think that this was the worst FF on PSOne. Zidane was the most forgettable character. And what the hell is Quinta?

If we're talking about sheer forgetability, I think we should all be honest and agree that FF6 takes that cake. I mean, does anybody even remember the story? It's about on par with Half-Life 1.

Part 1: "Hey, it's Terra in a robot"
Part 2: ?????????????
Part 3: "OH SHIT FLYING ISLAND!"
Part 4: "Ha, Kefka's dead."

For reference, Half Life 1 went:

Part 1: "Oh great, I'm going to work."
Part 2: ???????????????????
Part 3: Dude with the suit does something?

Come on, FF6 was way better than that. They fight the empire with the resistance movement, they have that massive fight on the top of the mountain. They go collect espers, go to the empire capital, try to save the esper homeland, and than flying island.

You are confusing the second half of the game with the first half. Second is nothing but gathering the party again. Still, way better than 8.

I've heard it said that your first Final Fantasy is inevitably your favorite. I don't think that's true, but 9 was my first and still is my favorite. 10 was fun,but I got bored of 7 on the first disc, I haven't even touched 8. I played 11 for 2 years, and I'm starting to play the sprite-filled classics. So far, 4 is alright.