PS3

BCampbell

Staff Member
Registered
Well, now that we have info on the PS3...

- I hope the controllers don't actually look like that

- 2.5" HDD sucks; it will be really expensive to upgrade.

- Lots of people will be happy with dual backward compatibility

- 256MB of system memory seems small, but we'll see what happens -- they could have used 512 but this was probably a cost-cutting measure.

- Bluetooth for wireless controllers? Hopefully they'll be responsive.

i kind of hope the controllers aren't going to be strictly wireless. changing batteries is annoying, lack of powerful (or complete lack of) vibration in game pads is a sad trade-off sometimes, and how many different frequencies does the average house-hold need flying around? we're all going to get cancer. =P

The controllers arent gonna be ALL wireless; that would be dumb. oh yeah, why do u hate the controllers, they were sweet. also, why are u guys being so criitical? would u rather keep your piece-of-crap Atari while the rest of the world gets another new console that u decide sucks?!?

Reply to: GhostToast:

...and how many different frequencies does the average house-hold need flying around? we're all going to get cancer. =P

Hahaha. That struck my funny bone just right.

I like the PS3 controller. It looks like the Batarang. I also bet there will be a recharging station that comes with the controllers. I doubt that Sony would make it so you'd have to change batteries constantly. Frankly, that would suck.

Have you guys seen some of the PS3 tech demos yet? Holy bonerific, Batman! Motor Storm makes me tingle in the britches. And MGS4 for the PS3 is going to make me fill my shorts ... and I dont mean with feces.

Reply to: cerealgamer:

oh yeah, why do u hate the controllers, they were sweet.

The design is terrible. I'm hoping that's just a promotional picture. I don't want something that looks like that laying around in my house.

also, why are u guys being so criitical? would u rather keep your piece-of-crap Atari while the rest of the world gets another new console that u decide sucks?!?

Considering that we're going to be stuck with the new consoles for the next 3-5 years, I think it's fair to be critical. Don't tell me you've never been critical of anything?

they just dont look like they are designed to be comfortable to hold...and that is the most important. i would rather it look weird and be super comfy than the other way around. we have all had the "claw" hand after having played games for an entire day before...the painful inability to open your hand all the way is a result of bad ergonomics most of the time.

or squeezing oranges for fresh orange juice? I don't know the controllers don't look too appealing, but I thought the same thing about the dreamcast and gamecube controllers, I'm fine with those now. What about killzone though, man if thats gameplay I'll really be looking forward to this.

Reply to: kurruption:

or squeezing oranges for fresh orange juice? I don't know the controllers don't look too appealing, but I thought the same thing about the dreamcast and gamecube controllers, I'm fine with those now. What about killzone though, man if thats gameplay I'll really be looking forward to this.

Apperently, that is gameplay footage: Click [a]http://www.g4tv.com/specials/episodes/4140/E3_05_Live_Day_3.html[aa]here[/a] to visit.

It's the video with Jack Tretton.

Check out the trailer for Motor Storm as well. God. If any of what was shown in the video is in the final game then that is going to be one sweet racing game to be beat.