PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wiiiiiiiii

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
Okay The three will here and a war will be strating soon. MS pull a fast one but setting up on the battlefeild first. Nintendo took the other route and may come in from the back with a strong attack. Sony is coming out with more Guns and More backing, but they have no strategy.

So who will side with. Here is a list of what you will need to be a new recruit.

Sony - They want you to join for a price of $635.98 + $63.58 + $63.58 = $763.15 ( for 2 games & 60 gig system ) The lower ranks are $657.14 ( same set up )

Xbox want you for $423.98 + 63.58 + 63.58 = $551.14 ( two games and pro system )

( If this is the price of the Wii )

Nintendo will take all for $211.98 + 52.98 + 52.98 = $317.94 ( the games should be less the the other 2 )

So who are you gonna side with Nintendo has a lot of backing that we do not know of. MS has spys in Sony's camp and Sony think they can not hit. ( not to sound wrong or anything but we americans thought the same...........please don't hate me)

I'll be a Wii-soldier. MS and Sony will have to wait for my money until they're asking for a lot less of it. They may never get it either. Because of the increasingly tall dollars being tossed around in the VG industry, I'm having to seriously reconsider my priorities as a gamer. Wii fits the new priorities, Sony certainly does not.

I only bought a PS2 after the price came down to $150 (CDN). I've never had an XBox, although I'd be very pleased if I won the 360 from MyGamer.

I know that but its speculation. And we all know everything from the games to the system will be less the Sony and MS. That much we do know.

So chose a side or die in the crossfire.............. *singing * You'll get caught in the crossfire, crossfire.............

I've already been recruited by MS. I've had my 360 since January. The Wii might not be too far away, but I'll wait at least a year on that one. I've always been a fan of PS games, but PS2 left me wanting more. The xbox filled that empty void in my gaming soul. Sony has to really pull one off for me to convert back.

Sony's not going to be eliminated, but Billy gates and Mario are going to put the boots to 'em. In a way, both systems kinda stay out of the other's business. Nintendo games almost always appeal to a younger audience (not solely, but primarily) while Microsoft has targeted the older kids (including me).

According to NewsWeek's E3 report I read in my government class today, the Wii will be a respectable $250.

I will be a Wii warrior. I have always held the greatest affinity for Nintendo, being in their price range and having much liking for their games. Even after this E3/system wars, I will continue to do so. Long live Nintendo :)

....crazy topic name, btw o_0

Here's what I think we need to shift away from:

Nintendo = kids.
.....................................................................................

Nintendo is not targetting younger audiences. Nintendo is targetting the casual/non-gamer.

Microsoft is targetting "Core Gamers"

Price point or not Wii is projected to be under $300 for the console. But until I feel otherwise Wii and its innovations pique my intrests the most.

Although I will have to have one of the others to play some Next Gen Madden.

Well I a Ride or Die Wii Gangsta. Take that Halo folks. My aim with my Wii-mote is more precise then your two tumbsticks. While you set your configuration for the fastest steeing i'll be taking you down one by one. Sony boys dont want to go hand to hand.

basilmunroe said:
Here's what I think we need to shift away from:

Nintendo = kids.
.....................................................................................

Nintendo is not targetting younger audiences. Nintendo is targetting the casual/non-gamer.

Microsoft is targetting "Core Gamers"

Sorry, Basil. But you're just feeling guilty for playing with the tiny tots. Hardcore gamers will play Nintendo games as well. I work with our youth group and they'll play anything, but the older ones find Nintendo to be too cartoony for their tastes. With a few exceptions, they target the kids.

Darth is on the money as usual. If you are a "core" gamer you will play a game or a system if it is good reguardless of the target market.

Pokemon was a great RPG on the Gameboy. I didn't let the fact that it was kiddy keep me from enjoying it.

Darth_Jonas said:
Sorry, Basil. But you're just feeling guilty for playing with the tiny tots. Hardcore gamers will play Nintendo games as well. I work with our youth group and they'll play anything, but the older ones find Nintendo to be too cartoony for their tastes. With a few exceptions, they target the kids.

But are we not all kids at heart? Do we not all have a inner child? The thing I think is that some think it's cool to act old. Screw that I play games for fun not because it's a mature game or a kid game. If it's fun it's good to me. Nintendo trgets ppl who play games ( which we all do ). It just so happens that in the recent pass they did not have the support for mature style games like that of MS. Sony has just as many Kid games as they do mature games. the thing it THEY ARE ALL GAMES WE PLAY FOR FUN NOTHING ELSE.

I'll be a 360 terrorist. I've already planned to buy my 360 in the summer. (unless I win it here, which would be a huge relief to my wallet)

Last edited:
My bet's on the PS3. It's an all arround better system then the rest. A close second is the XBOX 360 then not far would be the th Wii. I'll prolly get the Wii as while, so i can have the complete set of next-gen consoles.

Last edited:
I'll be getting a Wii as long as it costs less than $300 for the hardware.

I'm seriously considering getting a 360 if there's a price drop around the corner. Even $50. I'd get the pro system for $350.

The PS3 is simply out of my league. If I'm going to spend $600, I'll be building a new PC, or putting money into an investment account. I'll let the kids with parents who don't know how to show true affection buy PS3's for them. Maybe that's how Sony plans to sell 2 million of them at launch.

BCampbell said:
I'm seriously considering getting a 360 if there's a price drop around the corner. Even $50. I'd get the pro system for $350.

I thought the 360's price already dropped to around $350, at least thats what someone told me. Or is it still $400?

Still $400 someone lied to you. Gamestop sells used ones in my area for $300. with no HDD. And they have tones of them. Maybe i'll get one and sell it on ebay.