PS2- Glitches In KOF Orochi Saga?

apbates

Registered
Jun 1, 2009
Illinois
dorkstitch.blogspot.com
Hello! Since this is a forum dedicated to the PS2 and PS3, I'm not totally sure if this is the proper place to ask things about a multi-platform game, but since it could be a console specific flaw, I thought this might be the best place.

At any rate, I've had this collection for a while, and have played it quite a bit, but last night, I was playing a few rounds of KOF '97 before going to bed and noticed that the sound on it was atrocious! Several stages are devoid of music, others have creepy, barely audible, drums in lieu of any background tracks, Joe's punches make a strange woodblock noise, and Billy Kane lacks voice clips at the start and end of a fight, while his special attacks occasionally use the sound effect that it makes when Robert flips a coin at the end of a fight. On top of that, the controls are a bit sluggish, which is quite a problem. My luck with technology in general is rather poor, so I wouldn't at all be shocked if it were just my copy doing it, and the other four games on the disc don't have such evident emulation problems. I was just curious to know if anyone else here had played this version of the game and experienced the same issues.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

That happens a lot in almost all emulated games. Happened in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, happens in SF Alpha Anthology, happens all over the place. Haven't tried out my KOF Orochi game in a long ass time though (and even then, I just played 98).