Pokemon Z: is it going to happen?

MandyMarieB

Registered
Sep 20, 2015
Florida
mandymarieb.tumblr.com
If you had asked me this last week, I would have said no. After all, we didn't get Pokemon Gray. Yet with the news that has come forth regarding Zygarde and his new formes, one can't help but wonder. Especially since their sprites have been found in the coding for the Pokemon X and Y games. (Meaning, they could be transferred between XY and Z one day...)

Zygarde has four new formes: Cell, Core, 10% and Complete. This makes the Zygarde we have already seen in X&Y the "50%" forme. These forms are to be featured in the upcoming Hoopa movie, as well as the Pokemon XYZ anime season that is on the way. (Which that itself seems hint enough, IMO.)

In addition, we've also been introduced to a new Ash's Greninja forme, which introduces the idea that pokemon can become close enough to their trainers (with keystones) to take on their traits. This addition to the Mega Evolution plot, plus Zygarde, PLUS the fact that we haven't had events for Hoopa and Volcanion... it all screams third game content to me!

What do you think? Will we see a Pokemon Z? Or will we move on to the next generation?

I think we'll definitely see a Pokemon Z - there's usually been a third game in each Pokemon game set (not counting remakes) and I don't think they'll stop now. (Admittedly, with Black and White we actually got Black 2 and White 2.) I'm just not sure when it'll happen - maybe next year? (With Pokken Tournament, Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World, and Super Mystery Dungeon this year and the newly announced and highly anticipated Pokemon Go I guess it might be too late for this year, though one never knows with Nintendo.) And yes, Hoopa and Volcanion - I don't think we'll move on to the next generation without them, especially with how anticipated they are.

I'd really like there to be a Pokemon Z. X and Y just did so much that ORAS didn't, I'd like to get back to that region. I've gotten used to annual Pokemon games at this point too..

I'd really like there to be a Pokemon Z. X and Y just did so much that ORAS didn't, I'd like to get back to that region. I've gotten used to annual Pokemon games at this point too..

Agreed. I think there's a lot left to cover in that region, and I think they were always planning on coming back to it. They certainly did leave plenty of clues and open ends to follow up on! (Like that mysterious ghost girl, for example...)

There will most likely be another game that takes place in the Kalos region, but Pokémon Z Version seems a little too obvious. Gamefreak, Nintendo, all of those who makes all these games will probably aim for blowing our minds in the next Pokémon game(s), making it/them memorable and of course make a lot of money.

More than likely we will see Pokemon Z, if not another Pokemon game taking place in the Kalos region. But again, according to the anime, Ash has gotten very far. He is on his 7th gym, which could possibly mean that there might be another generation. The only way to find out is to wait and see what 2016 brings.

There will most likely be another game that takes place in the Kalos region, but Pokémon Z Version seems a little too obvious. Gamefreak, Nintendo, all of those who makes all these games will probably aim for blowing our minds in the next Pokémon game(s), making it/them memorable and of course make a lot of money.

Well, keep in mind, for the longest time they did indeed include a third game for many generations. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. They stopped doing that with Black and White, where they did direct sequels instead. I suppose it's possible they might go that route with a X&Y 2, but I'm not sure that we'll jump to a new generation just yet, what with this new Zygarde business!

Yep, we will. It's an odd way to tell, but news of new forms of legendaries seems to be the best indicator of a new version of a Pokemon game. Not even new legendaries period - that's actually never really been a certain sign, as far as I can tell - but new forms.

I'm cool with that. It's been long enough since I last played Pokemon Y that I wouldn't mind revisiting that world. Though I hope they pull a Pokemon Black / White 2 this time and shuffle the world around.

I wish they would go ahead and announce it! One of my favorite things about the Pokemon fandom is the speculation before a game release. :) (Though admittedly, its a lot more fun with a new generation, trying to guess what new Pokemon we'll see!)

But this could go one of two ways: they'll either surprise us with the announcement and release the game very quickly, like they did with ORAS, or they'll announce it and release it after/or in conjunction with Pokemon Go. Really hoping it's the former!