PokeMon Pearl/Diamond

Meggo the Eggo

Registered
Apr 4, 2006
northeast Ohio
www.yourfamilygames.com
All right, PokeMon Pearl and Diamond were officially released yesterday. Did anyone else buy one of these yet? Did anyone else see the Diamond/Pearls bundled with the "free game carrying case?" (I felt like a super-cool kid walking out of the store with one of those)

So far, P/D have stuck true to the formula used back in the days of R/B/Y: you start off in your sleepy hometown, luck into getting a free starter PokeMon, head to the next town with no gym, and then on to the next town with a gym. All the town NPCs seem WAY over-the-top friendly, but then again, it is a PokeMon game we're playing. Anyway, I like the start P/D have gotten off to.

I also picked the monkey/fire starter Chimchar... still waiting on it to learn a move where it throws poo :p I'm also still waiting on my lvl 16 electric-type to learn an electric-type move. XD

Well, time to stop geeking out and go to class. Later.

It appears on Friday and it is a Drifloon.

Did anyone else think it was a little to easy to catch Palkia or Dialga? Only took me one Ultra Ball o_O I guess that was a good thing though cause I only had six with me.

P.S. If you need an HM bitch, use Bibarel. It can learn surf, strength, rock smash, rock climb, cut. Verrrrry useful.

Yeah, Dialga was a pushover compared to, say, Moltres or Zapdos. I just fought it for a bit, got hit's HP to the red and Timer Ball'd his bitch ass.

You guys are hardcore. I gots no clue on anything except, "time to catch pokemon".

Anyone playing Pearl is dead to me... unless they play during the daytime... then I have use for them.

If you want to see hardcore Pokemon playing, then you should look at the information on EVs/IVs. Here's a quick guide to effort values (EVs), which allow you to boost your stats. And here's individual values (IVs), which help you determine your base stats.

This is probably way more than what you wanted to know, but it really shows that PokeMon games can go much deeper than "gotta catch 'em all."

The EV/IV factor gives you a +20 nerd bonus when playing PokeMon, because you get to use a calculator. :p