Pokemon Blue and Red

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
I look back now and cant realize that i put that many hours into these games. I'm only missing like 3 pokemon (and yeah, i had Mew). The graphics are horrible, and the sound effects are worse. I even linked quite a few battles.

SquallSnake7 said:
The graphics are horrible, and the sound effects are worse.

Hahah, yeah, I remember when PokeMon G/S were coming out and the articles about it in game magazines were making a big deal about how your Pokemon didn't look pixelated in battle anymore ^_^;; Still, the GBC (one of the first gaming systems/handhelds I actually owned) showed me you don't need the most gorgeous graphics to be a solid game.

And I loved those awful sound effects. I don't think my eardrums ever quite recovered from repeatedly hearing Pikachu's garbled, brain-scrambling cry. :p

The Missingno glitches were the best too.

Ah, Pokemon Blue/Red. The first and last pokemon game I played and will play. :p Got my lifetime fix of it back in my freshman year of high school.

You know, most decent strip clubs have "Adam & Eve" nights. Check it out.

I've just played with the ones my siblings have for a few minutes, so my impressions of it aren't too strong yet, but both of them really like it. The only complaint either of them has with it is that if you connect it after a day at school or after a day running around outside, it'll be exactly one level up, either way. That's still more of an in-game benefit than you got with the Pocket Pikachu, though, which it otherwise seems identical to, so I don't know how much of a problem it actually is.

Okay, so a few years ago when Sony had good advertising, they had a commercial for a PS 1 game that featured a guy driving his grandma somewhere, but since he had to get back to playing his PS1 game he kicked his grandma out of the car with a "Tuck and roll, Grandma!"

I've managed to get all 150 on the original games (excluding mew) a few times, but I know what you mean about the audio. At first I liked it, but after the first play through of Pokemon Blue, I started playing it with the audio off in order to focus better on the game.

I actually still have Pokemon Blue and Yellow in my cupboard somewhere, though they are German copies due to me having got them while I was living in Germany, I never managed to complete it but I had gotten pretty far in it. I was still young at this point and would use not very good strategies to fight or even read the text for what I was needing to do to progress in the game, might go and look for it and try to complete it, but first I gotta find my Gameboy charger.

I managed to get my team of 6 to Level 100, and luckily captured Mew in the game as well! (Also I had a shiny Charizard in the game!) Man I have so many memories with Red & Blue: I always feel nostalgic now when I play it :)