plot of final fantasy advent children?

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
can someone fill me in on the plot of Advent children, i saw the video on youtube in japenese and it was a really cool seeing cloud in that special graphics, or whatever way, but i dont know the plot so can someone please fill me in?

It takes place a few years after FFVII. With the weapons dead, Sephiroth gone and Shin-Ra dismantled, all of Cloud's clique go their seperate ways. Everything starts out fine, until a new disease called Geostigma starts killing many, many people. In the meantime, there is a group of oddballs with silver hair going around. And it kind of goes from there...

I recommend you download--er, I mean legally obtain Advent Children as soon as possible. The computer animation is amazing, especially the renditions of the attacks from the game (yes, we do get to see some Limit Breaker action ^_^)

One day I was lucky enough to stumble across this plot analysis (seriously, it's more in-depth than any English majors' explications). Since you haven't seen the full movie yet, I'd be wary because there are probably some spoilers here. Brought to you by our good friends at GameFaqs. clickyclicky

Yeah. The...trailers...show off lots of high-flying stuff like jumping thirty feet in the air and Red XIII with only a level 2 limit break because HE SUCKS.

Wait for the DVD if you dont have a leagle copie of it like me. Animovies.com has it. The american verion is out soon if your still confused then thats bad.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Wait for the DVD if you dont have a leagle copie of it like me. Animovies.com has it. The american verion is out soon if your still confused then thats bad.

You can also stream it for free off of keiichianimeforever.com (<--Good site. An anime fan's mecca, no joke). There are also many fansubs still floating around. *cough*bittorrent*cough*. Seriously, click on that gamefaqs link I posted--it clears up any possible discrepancy you might have with the plot (since it's about 137 pgs long, it should do that.)

Red XIII DOES NOT SUCK!!!! He's an awesome party member if you lvl him up (Cosmo Memory, anyone??) Cait Sith is the sucky one, make no mistake. The trailers don't do the movie justice anyway. And if you're gonna get the movie, you're going to have to get the OST... It was my fave OST from last year, which is sayin a lot, cause I collect those like my dog collects fleas (ewwwww). My fave songs are the piano version of Those who Fight (Tatakau Monotachi), Divinity II, and Chase of Highway (for its awesome rendition of the Turks theme... Reno is sweet too, btw).

Okies, I'm done ranting. And don't let me catch you saying Red XIII sucks, again XP

Wasn't the DVD and UMD suppose to drop sometime around last christmas? What is taking it so long? Not that I am waiting for it or something.

i can't wait till everybody sees it so i can talk about major plot points. the version i saw had crappy translation, but oh so sweet visuals.

and yeah, since when can you fall from like 70 feet in the air and land safely.

okay, i'll shut up now.

I wrote up an article about this which may or may not have been posted...
::cough::

• Cloud Strife: Steve Burton (Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1&2)
• Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook (Into the West, Las Vegas TV series)
• Kadaj: Steve Staley (Arc in Arc the Lad, Neji Hyuuga in the Naruto animated series)
• Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert (Big John from Crimson Skies, Remiel from Tales of Symphonia)
• Reno: Quinton Flynn (Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2, Isaaru from FFX and FFX-2)
• Rude: Crispin Freeman (Albedo from Xenosaga, Siegfried from Soul Calibur 3)
• Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg (Bat from Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, Sora from .hack//Quarantine)
• Loz: Fred Tatasciore (Agent Johnson from The Matrix: Path of Neo, Michael Eisner from Family Guy)
• Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum (Ares from God of War, Wolverine from Xmen Legends 2)
• Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea (Mark and Jim from Resident Evil Outbreak, Cao Ren and Dian Wei from Dynasty Warriors)
• Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly (many, many voices from Everquest 2, Lt. Col. Kanazawa from Project Snowblind)
• Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano (Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Kim from Kimpossible)
• Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis (Disciple from Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Ty from Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
• Red XIII: Liam O'Brien (Gaara of the Hidden Sand from Naruto, Dion Landers from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time)
• Reeve: Jamieson Price (Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors, Wittcomb from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time)
• Tseng: Ryun Yu (Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven)
• Elena: Bettina Bush (Gloria from Madagascar)
• Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek (Children’s Voices)
• Denzel: Benjamin Bryan (Odds-and-Ends characters from Without a Trace, CSI, Everybody Hates Chris and more)
• Zack: Rick Gomez (Gippal from FFX-2)
• Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari (Aerith from Kingdom Hearts 2)
• Sephiroth: George Newbern (Nooj from FFX-2, Superman from Justice League animated series)

that's cool that they're using the same cloud voice, i thought he did a good job portraying cloud's emo-ness.

when i used to play the game, i always imagined that he sounded like terry bogard from the fatal fury anime. (or heero from gundam wing, same voice actor)