Plants vs. Zombies

missbee23

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I play this on my phone. I paid $2.99 for the game. I am not the kind of person to keep doling out money for a game I already paid for. They constantly want me to purchase new plants and power ups, etc. I don't mind so much, I mostly ignore it, but I swear some of those levels are meant to be impossible without using power ups...power ups cost coins, and if you don't have any coins to spend on power ups, guess what? You are stuck on that level until you go back and earn some coins on some old levels. That's when it bothers me, when I feel like they purposefully built the levels to squeeze money out of me. It would be different if I got the game for free, but I already paid for the game. Does this bother anyone else?

I haven't tried this on mobile yet but I've played the second version which is free, and even though they encourage in game purchases there I never felt like they were forcing it and I was able to finish the stages it bout much problems. I recommend checking that out if you find the first one frustrating.

I finished the game on console, but I never really got into it on mobile. I managed to finish the game without any in-game purchases, so I assume that it's pretty different on mobile. However, in my opinion, the second Plants vs. Zombies on mobile is literally IMPOSSIBLE to complete without in-game purchases. It starts off ok, but as you progress, it's just annoying to play because you realize that you just can't progress without buying something. I guess that it makes sense that they would do something like that, considering that they released it for free.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. That's exactly what happened to me when I played the game on my phone. I started out with just a few purchases but then I noticed that I needed to purchase more throughout the game. I've already stopped playing the game, though.

This in-game purchases that the game is constantly asking you to buy are lame, I really don't like them. I usually ignore them, but sometimes I just have enough. I played through the Plants vs Zombies, but the in-game purchases didn't bother me as much as in some other games. I never buy the things in the game for real money, it seems like the waste of money, maybe that's just me.

I think it is really annoying when games pretty much require in-game purchases. Instead of this, they should just make it cost more or have some type of ad system. Many of the mobile games that I play let you download apps or watch ads as an alternative to purchasing things, and I find this great.

I'm assuming you're talking about the second Plants vs Zombies game made by EA. The first Plants vs Zombies game impressed me so much. It was such a simple game yet fun for all ages. It had the right touch of difficulty in my opinion and it had a lot of replay value. So of course when I heard Plants vs Zombies 2 was being released I got super excited. This excitement slowly drained away as I realized the game was made by EA and that there were gonna be a lot of In-App Purchases. Sadly Plants vs Zombies is another game to fall under EA's death wrap.

I finished the game on console, but I never really got into it on mobile. I managed to finish the game without any in-game purchases, so I assume that it's pretty different on mobile. However, in my opinion, the second Plants vs. Zombies on mobile is literally IMPOSSIBLE to complete without in-game purchases. It starts off ok, but as you progress, it's just annoying to play because you realize that you just can't progress without buying something. I guess that it makes sense that they would do something like that, considering that they released it for free.
Sorry, I meant Pvs.Z 2. There are certain levels where you have to survive with what they give you, and they give you the weakest plants against armored zombies. I understand that they want money for their game, but if I already paid for the game, I shouldnt have to pay more to continue playing. The game is rigged. Its a shame because I really enjoyed the game before. I still play the game, but only because I am determined to beat it without spending money on principle.

I am currently playing this using tablet phone. I didn't pay for it. A good friend has downloaded it for my mom. She's a fan of this game.

I don't play plants vs zombies, but if this happened to me, I'd be pissed off as hell as well. I think it's to prevent/mitigate the damage caused by people pirating the game

I played Plants vs. Zombies 2 for a while and I enjoyed this game very much mainly because it's pretty addictive due to it's simpicity when it comes to gameplay and the fact that it's very well organised and it has awesome graphics that doesn't stress the proccessor very much. About the in-game purchases, I wasn't tempted to buy something and I think that the game is enjoyable even without them.

I played Plants vs. Zombies 2 for a while and I enjoyed this game very much mainly because it's pretty addictive due to it's simpicity when it comes to gameplay and the fact that it's very well organised and it has awesome graphics that doesn't stress the proccessor very much. About the in-game purchases, I wasn't tempted to buy something and I think that the game is enjoyable even without them.

There was a period in high school where my two best friends were obsessed with this game. They'd get maximum scores for every level or would start again. I never got the appeal myself though

What is it with this game? Why is it so popular?I have skipped over it in the app store many times until I have decided to download it. To me it seems it has no purpose at all. I played it for a while until 'zombies ate my brain' and then uninstalled it. It is just another of those games that make you addicted and then get you stuck on a certain level in order to spend some money.

Oh I get what you mean, and it irritates the hell out of me. I have the same problem with Dots 2, a brilliant little puzzle game, but it seems like it was created purely to get the free to play money they couldnt get out of the original game.

One of the best games ever, definitely. I used to love playing PvZ on Steam, but who knew it would be just as fun to play it on my Android phone. I would say the port isn't perfect, though, or my phone is just slightly outdated, because I tend to get the occasional stutter while playing. But other than that, PvZ is great and a really fun way to kill some time. In fact, your thread made me redownload it again...