place your bets!

My guess IS $449 at the most. They need to stay competitive with M$ and Nintendo. If they put out the Ps3 for $700 They might as well hand M4 and Nintendo a blank check and get out of the console business. Since Sony is one of the developers of the Blu-Ray it isn't costing Sony nearly as much money to put in a system as Samsung and the other makers of Blu-Ray players.

Bluray is Sony's proprietary name for the new DVD technology they just came out with... they are the makers of Bluray.I haven't heard anything about them using Samsung technology. I think they've narrowed it down between Toshiba's "DVD-HD" or Sony's "Bluray"

Alright. How about accessories? What will we need and what will be smart to go ahead and get? And what's the cost?

Sony's already said it will come with a hard-drive so let's not debate that.

Hard drive is coming with the system. its a 60gig HDD. And Sony said it is reqiured.

I don't think the games will be $64.99. Same price as the 360 games so $59.99 $64 after tax.

And I agree with the controller price.

I say $550, its like jeoperdy! i think they are going to sell lower then acctuall cost to produce it 1) they have high demand and 2) it probably will cost about $250 a system to acctually MAKE the system, put it together etc

P.s. sony is a manufacturing company, so all will be warehouse prices (anyone can verify this?) when they make it, its just meterials and rights

New update. The PSM ( PlayStaytion Mag) Hinted that the price point for the system maybe.........................................................................................................................Wait for it ................................................................................................................Here it comes...........................................................................................................You ready............................................................................................$399.99. CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT. I DONT. it's not offical. so it looks like May 9 we will know more. But if this is close then my price of $499.99 is correct.

Yea, my bet is it'll prolly be around $600, knowing SONY for there "pricey" prices it might even be higher. The price doesn't scare my, i'll get it regardless, it's the fact that i'll have to save up for it more sooner. :crying: