PC Gaming

jesolis

Registered
Oct 19, 2015
I am completely new to PC gaming. All of my life I have owned Play Station and Xbox only. What do you guys think about this transition. I am afraid that the graphics will not be as good? What do you think?

I played a lot of games on the PC and it can depend on what sort of computer you have as some games require a higher graphics card, which can run them so you get the best out of the games you use on the PC. I remember playing on the Ps3 and got used to the console and never thought about using the PC for playing games, and it can take time to adjust and think that getting used to the controls will take some time as on a console it is easy to adjust to the controls. It is interesting to see new games which come out on the PC and the games tend to be good and also the layout is good and enjoy watching how the graphics are real improved.

For graphics of PC games, it depends upon the quality of the game. Some PC games have higher quality graphics, these games tend to be the more expensive games. Other games may have lower quality graphics and design, however, their affordability makes them viable options for PC gaming. The type of PC you have will dictate which games you can play. The newer, faster computers will be the most optimal for gaming on.

I guarantee that even with mid-range graphics cards, you'll get better than console graphics. Do you need help buying a PC? Or are you willing to build one, in which case I can advise you about the parts?

Either way, if you're willing to spend a little more than what you spent on a PS4, you'll be rewarded by superior graphics and resolutions and more FPS.

My motto is you pay for quality. If you take the time to research before you buy, and have some money saved you'll do just fine. I game on both my PC and my Xbox. It's still a little weird to me whenever I switch to the PC, because I have a big screen T.V. Other than that I have no complaints. As long as research and know which laptop will be good for gaming you're good to go. I always research everything before I pay for it.

As far as graphics go, you have no need to worry when it comes to switching to PC gaming. On console, graphics can be pretty impressive. But I don't think any gamer is ever really exposed to high-quality graphics until they try gaming on a well-made PC. When you're playing a video game on a computer, it is much easier to adjust the quality of graphics of your games, as well as adding mods to make them even more realistic. Most of the time, any game you're playing will have some way to improve the realism and appeal of the graphics, even if it's a bit of an out-dated game. I switched from console to PC about 2 years ago, and I have never had any problem with the graphics of my games.

The transition from console to PC may be a little difficult, however. When I switched, my biggest fear was going from a controller to a keyboard. It certainly took a little bit of practice, but it was not nearly as much of a struggle as I thought it would be. I suggest starting out with some games that have minimal controls, so you can get used to the basics of keyboard controls. Then, once you're used to that, playing any other game should be relatively easy. Of course, with any game you may have to learn a few new controls, but adapting to that would take no more than a day. Even if you are struggling to use a keyboard for gaming, you could always just plug a controller into your PC and use that instead! It might not be efficient for all games, but for most it will work fine.

In the end, PC gaming is probably the best option for most gamers. It adds more customization to nearly any game you play, improves the speed and quality of gameplay, and adds many more possibilities to what you can play and how you choose to play it. I thought I'd never use a PC to play video games, but ever since I tried it, I have loved it way more than i have ever enjoyed gaming on my PS3. As long as you're willing to get a high-quality PC with the right parts that suit your needs, I think you'll really prefer PC gaming over console when you're used to it.

Welcome to the world of PC Gaming. :D Do not worry about the graphics, because if you own a decent enough rig, you will definitely get better graphics on PC then on any console. The best thing about PCs, is, the fact that you can exchange parts and upgrade. Also, most games that are available on PC can be modded, which is impossible on consoles. Just take a look at games like Skyrim or Fallout, they have huge modding communities that offer top quality mods which totally enhance the gameplay experience. You can never get that on consoles.

I am completely new to PC gaming. All of my life I have owned Play Station and Xbox only. What do you guys think about this transition. I am afraid that the graphics will not be as good? What do you think?

Bro, as I'm a PC gamer myself, I'll say gaming on PC is the best! It is even better than consoles I have to say. You get better graphics and framerate when playing on PC. You can also easily tweak the game settings. Although, I do need to point that you'll need a good enough PC to be able to play the game without facing any issues. Hope you enjoy gaming on PC!

Although, I do need to point that you'll need a good enough PC to be able to play the game without facing any issues.

True, but it'll still be cheaper than any current-gen consoles when you add the price of the games to the total cost, as PC games are cheaper to begin with, and on e.g., Steam you get discount after discount all round the year. So PC gaming is far superior on any metric, there's simply no denying. People who say otherwise are either completely misinformed or try to just make it up.

Reactions: TheInsaneSakif
I grew a plying PC games. During those times, I have came up with the following Pros and Cons of PC gaming.

Pros:

- Once your PC hardware setup is future proof, you can rest assure that you'll be able to play good looking, new, modern and hot games.
- PC consoles are flexible, you can setup your PC depending on the games you want to play vs the budget you have in your pocket.
- The you have a wider online network.

Cons:

- You need to invest money to have a good PC setup.
- Your PC setup will become obsolete and will require you to upgrade.

At this point it seems like building or buying a PC that can handle good enough graphics to equal or even surpass the console counterparts are already fairly cheap or at least a bit cheaper than they were a few years ago so I don't think graphics will be an issue since if you pay for a PC that costs as much as a console you'll probably get the same graphics, if not more. I suppose the additional benefit is that you can continue to just upgrade it as time goes on instead of having to buy a newer console when the time comes, although I think what most console gamers value nowadays more than graphics can be the exclusive games which you will have to miss out on.

At this point it seems like building or buying a PC that can handle good enough graphics to equal or even surpass the console counterparts are already fairly cheap or at least a bit cheaper than they were a few years ago so I don't think graphics will be an issue since if you pay for a PC that costs as much as a console you'll probably get the same graphics, if not more. I suppose the additional benefit is that you can continue to just upgrade it as time goes on instead of having to buy a newer console when the time comes, although I think what most console gamers value nowadays more than graphics can be the exclusive games which you will have to miss out on.
This is the exact reason I got into PC gaming. Yes, the startup for building your PC might be a little pricey, but as time goes on, I think it's far cheaper to upgrade your PC than to buy new consoles (and all new sets of games if the new console isn't backwards compatible). My PC games are still relevant years and years later due to Steam, and I haven't had to upgrade very much over the years to keep my rig up to date with current gaming standards.

I still love consoles, don't get me wrong, but with a PC, you also don't have to pay to use the online feature. I hate the idea of having to pay to use my own internet (which I already pay monthly for) in order to play games online.

I have played both on consoles and PC and I must confess that gaming in both means is quite interesting and satisfying. Yes, I'm aware that transition from console to PC gaming makes you feel somehow especially if it's on console that you have been playing all your life. But what I can guarantee you is that you need not worry about the graphics of PC gaming, you can be rest assured that the graphics of it is even far superior to the that of console games.

The main advantage of playing with a PC is that some game genres are only available on PC.So if you're more used to playing with a controller and aren't familiar with using mouse and keyboard to play, you would have a better experience playing on a console.

True, but it'll still be cheaper than any current-gen consoles when you add the price of the games to the total cost, as PC games are cheaper to begin with, and on e.g., Steam you get discount after discount all round the year. So PC gaming is far superior on any metric, there's simply no denying. People who say otherwise are either completely misinformed or try to just make it up.

Yes, you can buy any games from Steam at a lower price. And even if you don't want to buy games, you can still download a pirated version of the game to your PC and play it. There are just so many benefits of PC gaming. I don't know the reason why people say consoles are better than PC.

Both platforms are good when it comes to graphic resolutions. But of course with the pc you have to do some compatibility research just to make sure that your pc reaches the requirements of the game. When it comes to Playstations and Xbox , the graphic power is superb.But of course you only can play what the brand makes. Overall they are both good platforms in keeping your self busy.

If you want to have a quality game and quality PC, you should invest for a brand new PC with high specifications. What I mean with quality game is PUBG, it has very good graphics but you need to run it with good and high quality PC also. So turning into PC is a bit pricey.

I'm only interest in playing DOTA 2 right now. I still have a lot to learn. But I'm sure I'll get there when the time comes. It's going to be so much fun.

I guess this really depends on your expectation if you really have a very high expectation some pc games might not reach your expectation.
The second thing would be how good your pc specs is, I mean even if the actual game really have the best graphics ever, but your pc can't handle the required spec for the game, you might be stuck on low resolution graphics which is really suck.
Either way PC games aren't really that bad at all, discovering new things won't really hurt you. try it first then you decide if it's really worth the shot or not.

I think it's worth trying but you also have a very good video card such as a nVidia GTX 1080 video card . For example, I'm currently playing PES 2017 even
though it's older because l have pretty good performance video looks great. So I'm saying you have nothing to lose.