Original Xbox Games on 360 to download

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
If you didnt read Spuds news story on the main page, Microsoft will be adding original Xbox games to download through the Arcade. Fable and Halo 1 are some of the game being released.

I for one wouldnt mind going back and playing Halo 1 mulitplayer online...if they made that modification....(it was only LAN).

Regrettably, they already said that they have no intention of adding, or subtracting, things from the games that they put on the 360. Halo 1 isn't going to have Live play.

I don't get it. Aren't most of those games already backwards compatible? And even though a few games like Halo will be a little cheaper, is it really worth downloading rather than buying the disc?
Also, if a remake for Chronicles of Riddick is supposed to be coming out for the 360, what's the point of making the original downloadable? Or is this the actual "remake"?

Ah, whatever...

Yes, they're all backwards compatible. Not that it matters. You're not going to find a copy of Psychonauts.

Same goes for Chronicles of Riddick.

Oh I see. But as I said, since they're making a remake for Riddick, it doesn't make any sense to have it for download now...