OMFG PS3 PRICE GIVEN. They Pulled the Xbox

I almost for got to give you the skinny.

the $499 comes with a 20 gig HDD right. But No extra ports that you have seen on the system. No 1080i for HD. It's less powerful then the $599 one. Only (I think not sure Have to go check) 2 USB ports. and the HDD can not be removed from what I understand. And don't think you can upgrade you system to support the HD features. The way the system comes is the way it will be.

I'm still thinking of getting one. DMC4 so far is not a launch title. And MGS4 will be out next year around the same Halo 3 comes out. Coincidence, I think NOT.

Also I really dont think I can afford a PS3 for 600 for just a system. Thats around 800 for a system and games. I still have the Wii to get ( spending about 400 on that system an games) and I got 360 games to get.

OP3Cursed said:
well if u think bout all the features u get with the system its a great deal

What features? Name all of them? What advantages does the PS3 have that nobody else has? And not games

PrinceLUDA21 said:
the $499 comes with a 20 gig HDD right. But No extra ports that you have seen on the system. No 1080i for HD. It's less powerful then the $599 one. Only (I think not sure Have to go check) 2 USB ports. and the HDD can not be removed from what I understand. And don't think you can upgrade you system to support the HD features. The way the system comes is the way it will be.

Don't forget: No WiFi.

If the wonderful games can't be factored in yet (since we all know it'll be at least a year before they begin to shine), someone please explain the advantages of a PS3 over a 360. Or for that matter, than a PS2.

Darth_Jonas said:
If the wonderful games can't be factored in yet (since we all know it'll be at least a year before they begin to shine), someone please explain the advantages of a PS3 over a 360. Or for that matter, than a PS2.
Well, it comes with half a Wii controller. That's better than PS2, I guess.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
I almost for got to give you the skinny.

I'm still thinking of getting one. DMC4 so far is not a launch title. And MGS4 will be out next year around the same Halo 3 comes out. Coincidence, I think NOT.

Also I really dont think I can afford a PS3 for 600 for just a system. Thats around 800 for a system and games. I still have the Wii to get ( spending about 400 on that system an games) and I got 360 games to get.

One specific thing you left out, Luda, is that the cheaper version will be lacking an HDMI port. I think I mentioned this in another thread. Sony continues to stress how their machine is future proof, yet, if you buy the $500 version you may no longer be able to play Blu-Ray discs in the near future. The movie industry has been holding on to anti-piracy technology for new BluRay DVDs that will prevent anyone without an HDMI slot connection to their HDTV to be able to play their discs. When Sony was asked about this, they actually responded that it was too early to judge how this might affect anyone since HDTV infiltration is so low to begin with.

Ummmm...then how is this future-proofing, Mr. Kuturagi, if you don't know what the future is bringing????

Thank You Scribe

I almost forgot about that. HDMI is the most important thing the PS3 needs for Sony's blu-ray movies. With out it nothing works but games. Not to mention that you still need HDMI on your HDTV for that to work. And HDTV's that were out for a while have no HDMI support on them. So thats more money to shell out for Blu-Ray. I think Sony jerked themselves this time around. The good thing is MS and NIntendo will reep in the benifits of Sony's mis-haps.

When pepole complain about the pepole who complain about the prices of the PS3 and Xbox 360 are still living in the 70's, The value of a dollar has gone up, it isn't the 70's or 80's anymore. I don't care how much a turbographx cost, it isn't the same anymore. The economy has changed. I just randomly posted this because I see alot of pepole whining about the pepole who whine about not being able to afford consoles.

thats part of the point. But they are trying to drive the sales and importance of DVD's and everytihng else. to Sony games is not important to them. Money is. MS and Nintendo both are after our Money but to me it seems they care about what they are selling

PrinceLUDA21 said:
thats part of the point. But they are trying to drive the sales and importance of DVD's and everytihng else. to Sony games is not important to them. Money is. MS and Nintendo both are after our Money but to me it seems they care about what they are selling
You're kinda kidding yourself there. Nintendo and MS are only in it for the money. And really...Nintendo GOUGES THE HELL OUT OF YOU. I mean...cmon.

Yeah they're all trying to run businesses here, they're going to do what's best for the bottom line. To be fair, each company does seem to have a different ethic, but in the end it comes down to the black ink.

As far as the stripped down PS3 goes, there are going to be some pissed off people out there. The selling point for the PS3 is the fact that it's an affordable blu-ray player bundled in with a gaming console. Once people find out that the $500 version not only doesn't have WiFi but can't take full advanatge of the blu-ray technology, they're going to feel like they've been duped.

But Sony will already have their money.

spudlyff8fan said:
You're kinda kidding yourself there. Nintendo and MS are only in it for the money. And really...Nintendo GOUGES THE HELL OUT OF YOU. I mean...cmon.

What I man is Both Nintendo and MS ( to me ) cares about the gamer. Everyting that MS has done with the 360 has pleased me in many ways. And from a marketing point they were not out for my money. Everybody wants the Money. But some ppl do things because they care about their fans. It's what they love to do, make games for ppl who love them. If you give them what they want you'll get something in return. Sony is just out to sell sell sell. They can care less is the please or not. Like in Music some artist make music for their fans not for the money. true they want your money but ti's about the fans.

I think you are mistaken. They are all out to "sell sell sell" just as much as the other guy. They are corporations. Maybe our buddy Shiggy, or Kojima isn't...y'know...THE DESIGNERS...but you can bet the company execs don't give a crap.

Honestly I think they execs of nintnedo and MS do care about the customer/consumer. I have read, and seen Peter Moore in interviews speaking about the 360. And he has said time and time again we have this we have that but it's not about What we or Sony have it's about the games. And He seems to be trying to give consumers/ME games. Not by just saying, Well my system has this much power and we can do this and HD and "Blu-Ray" is the way to go. I hoenstly think that MS pulled the power trip on the 1st Xbox and it did not work. With the 360 PM is trying to sell, sell, sell, but he has the consumer and gamer in mind. Nintendo has always been that way. It is why the products we see from them is what it is. True it more suites the Japaness but thats nor here nor there. Point is Sony came into the game for Money and Money only. And to me it shows.