OMFG PS3 PRICE GIVEN. They Pulled the Xbox

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
6:42 -- Kaz takes the stage again. He wraps up everything we've seen -- the best technology, the best graphics, a new controller, and much more. And one more surprise ... the PS3 launch details. Two configs -- one with 20 gigs -- $499; One with 60 gigs -- $599. Two million planned for launch worldwide at launch, another two million in time for the end of 2006 and another 2 million by March 2007.

Finally, a list of third parties supporting PS3 rolls by. It goes on, and on, and on, and on ... lots of companies are onboard.

And finally-finally, Kaz concludes with a promise that much about PS3 will be playable on the show floor. In fact, they're playable right there at the E3 event -- an announcement goes out saying that PS3 games are playable right there in kiosks installed throughout the area. Our editors are playing PS3 right this second, and we will have full reports on the games playable at the event as soon as possible

Had to Make Post 300 count.

THW DATE FOR THE SYSTEM IS

NOVEMBER 17

Break out the pre Orders everyone. It's gonna be a mad house.

Wow...thats a hell of a lotta money. Yall could have fun paying for that. $400 for the 360 I'm gonna buy is enough. But still it's pretty cool, thanks for the info.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
6:42 -- Kaz takes the stage again. He wraps up everything we've seen -- the best technology, the best graphics, a new controller, and much more. And one more surprise ... the PS3 launch details. Two configs -- one with 20 gigs -- $499; One with 60 gigs -- $599. Two million planned for launch worldwide at launch, another two million in time for the end of 2006 and another 2 million by March 2007.

So I guess we were both right and their goes my free Devil May Cry 4

Wow, I feel bad for all the people Sony made slave night and day to create a motion-sensing controller after Nintendo announced theirs. Way to be, Sony.

cuinneas said:
Yep... they priced me out of the market. Nintendo here I come!

Me too! It would be nice to get a PS3, but it would also be nice to be able to afford basic necessities XD And my boyfriend wanted to get one of these so bad, too (he's much more of a Sony fan than Nintendo).

Did Sony really copy off of Nitendo's controller? I hadn't heard about that.

As much as I hate the price, I'm still going to buy it. The $500 of coarse.

Did Sony really copy off of Nitendo's controller? I hadn't heard about that.

Yes they did. I like Sony but c'mon they need to come up with something on their own.

I'm an impoverished man...so I'm going with Nintendo. I still plan to get a PS3 and a 360 in the future, though. And no, they didn't even mimic Nintendo.

<<<one with 20 gigs -- $499>>......hmmm, i think the 360 comes with a 20 gig package for $399....and they're bringing out an upgradeable hard drive soon....but either way, yeah, Jonas was right about the price

Meh. I'll get a job. Problem solved.

I am not too upset about it. At least it's not like 700-800.

Hey, the glass is half-full.

I want to put this in all caps, for emphasis, but that would be annoying to read, so just pretend I am saying this very intensely...

This is where Nintendo can really get a foothold. What if they priced the Wii at $200? How good would that look up against the very pricey PS3? It would look very nice, especially to all those mothers that don't play game, but just want to buy a system for their little kids. $300 for a Wii still wouldn't be bad, but you sell it for $200, and your system is all of a sudden 1/3 of the price that Sony's is, and 1/2 the price Microsoft's is. That can't be a bad thing, Nintendo....

If the Revolution is $250, for me, it's a tossup between the 360 and the Wii. If it's $200, then I'm going with the Wii. But really, it's pretty obvious Nintendo is going to gouge everyone for as much as they can.

spudlyff8fan said:
Meh, not small enough.

Yeah right. You can build a PC for $600 that can graphically rival the PS3, plus do all of the things a PC can do that a PS3 can't. If you go by the differential -- since we assume people are going to have a PC in their home anyway, the true price to consider the differnece between a "functional" $300 PC and a gaming PC -- the price argument, which was running out of steam anyway, is really dead. But yeah, have fun spending nearly $1000 to play Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, then claiming that PC gaming is "too expensive".

And yeah, I agree that Nintendo has a big chance here. I no longer think the Wii will be $200, maybe $250 but probably not lower. Still, when consumers look at the shelves and see a $600 PS3, a $400 360, and a $250 Wii, how many will think "I can get the XBox and the Wii for about the same price as the PS3 alone." Does Sony still think they can sell 2 million units at launch? We'll have to see.

BCampbell said:
Still, when consumers look at the shelves and see a $600 PS3, a $400 360, and a $250 Wii, how many will think "I can get the XBox and the Wii for about the same price as the PS3 alone." Does Sony still think they can sell 2 million units at launch? We'll have to see.

Dangit BC, you beat me to this. I was already thinking about it last night. "Hmmm, someone can get a Wii AND a 360 for about the same amount as a PS3. And if the prices drop on the 360 (as it is rumored), then Sony is about to get double-scoop punched."