Older gamers? Remember when Pong came out?

medievalmama

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
Oregon
My daughter tells me that I am not an actual "gamer," but am someone who really likes to play games. Another thread here asked about what your first game was. I'm wondering how many "older" gamers are on here? My driver's license clearly states that I should be an adult, but my kids will testify that I am not very grown up.

I wasn't born when Pong came out (it is literally the first game ever made), but I have played the older classics such as Pac-Man, Alien Invaders and Snake.

I don't remember when Pong was released, however I *do* remember playing it on my Commodore 64 when I was .. 10? That was a long time ago and it's a bit hazy.

I'm curious, though, about what your daughter classifies as an 'actual gamer'. ;)

My era of games was the 16 bit era but I did get to play some Atari and NES games since my brother kept his consoles and let me play on them. I still had fun with those games even with the newer games at the time even though some of them had terrible graphics and gameplay. I never got to play pong until later on though when I had the chance to play some flash games on the internet.

I am definitely an older gamer. My favorite is anything Zelda. I remember a system called "Odyssey." It was a tv sized console by Magnavox that offered such mind-blowing excitement as tennis! It was literally a dot that you swatted back and forth across the screen. :p We've come a looong way! :D

If you mean do I remember Pong because I was around & gaming when it came out, than no. I have played Pong & other games from that era of gaming though. I was growing up playing the NES while every one else in my age bracket had the SNES so I've always been a tad behind.

Sadly Pong is a little bit before my time. Though I am probably an older gamer myself, having been born in 85. I'm actually going to be 30 here shortly. I played the NES in my childhood, remember getting an SNES for Christmas one year, working a summer job shucking corn for a PS1, getting a used PS2, and N64 from my Fathers friend one year, and all that.

Suddenly I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Might go play something from the NES, Genesis era later.

I remember playing the original Pong, but by that time it was already pretty old. The oldest game I've ever played I think was Alien Invaders or that Galacta something...

My first console ever was from some chinese company that I don't remember its name. Still, I had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on it and some football game as well and later my dad bought a version of Pong too. It was fun while it lasted, the console eventually stopped working for whatever reason.

My first console was the Atari I cannot remember the model but those were the good times. I then recalled having the Sega Genesis and playing Sonic the Hedgehog. I loved the old games but I have to move on LOL.