Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Ridge

Registered
Dec 6, 2014
Hey all. Anyone else here a fan of Octodad?

For those unaware Octodad is a unique little game where you play as an octopus living a normal human life. The joke is that even his family doesn't know he is just an octopus dressed in a suit, despite how awkward he is doing virtually anything.

Anyone else have a good laugh or 2 with this game?

I haven't picked this game up yet, but I will soon. It certainly looks interesting.

It's coming to the Vita at some point and the price has already been dropped 50% in a sale, so I have high hopes the Vita version will follow suit and that is when I will buy it. I almost picked it up on PS4 since its almost a guarantee it'll be cross-buy on release, but I ended up deciding it really wasn't worth the savings to be potentially saddled with a game I couldn't play.

I don't own it, but I have played it at a friends. It's actually a pretty fun game! My friend and I each took half of the controller and attempted to play like that, and that provided a good laugh and a few hours of entertainment. It's got a unique gameplay to it, which is pretty nice. However, I believe that the game doesn't have much replay value, so it's more of a one-time thing.

The controls of this game are ridiculous, but I suppose that is where the fun of the game comes from! It's a great light-hearted game great for playing with friends and younger kids.

I don't own it, but I have played it at a friends. It's actually a pretty fun game! My friend and I each took half of the controller and attempted to play like that, and that provided a good laugh and a few hours of entertainment. It's got a unique gameplay to it, which is pretty nice. However, I believe that the game doesn't have much replay value, so it's more of a one-time thing.

Me and a friend started messing with co-op the other day as well. Unique experience for sure.

Hey all. Anyone else here a fan of Octodad?

For those unaware Octodad is a unique little game where you play as an octopus living a normal human life. The joke is that even his family doesn't know he is just an octopus dressed in a suit, despite how awkward he is doing virtually anything.

Anyone else have a good laugh or 2 with this game?

Just curious, how lengthy is the game? I know it's currently reduced in the PS Holiday sale, but was wondering if its worth it or my money would be better spent elsewhere on something lengthier, thanks!

Just curious, how lengthy is the game? I know it's currently reduced in the PS Holiday sale, but was wondering if its worth it or my money would be better spent elsewhere on something lengthier, thanks!

The story itself (including short story side missions) can all easily be completed in 3 or 4 hours. There are some collectibles and such you can go back for that will add to the play clock as well.

It is also just a fun game to hop into for a few minutes every once in awhile, even if you are just replaying a mission. I bought it for full price on launch day and haven't regretted it.

I have played the game and, it is amazing how no one knows he is a octopus only the chef and some people if they see him at the aquarium one in the game which is funny. It can be challenging as the controls at times can do other things at times when playing the game and is funny and enjoyable. At times you can get stuck moving things around and is funny how you put them back and a enjoyable game with friends.