Oblivion

silent_storm

true playa
Registered
May 5, 2006
The Bahamas
Ok. I need to take care of this once and for all.
Most reviewers say this game is one of the best ever, and G4, who I trust the most, say its not that good. (At least kevin p. said that, I havent seen Xplays take on it yet.)

So my question is, who has this game and what do you think about it?
I figure I should ask my homies at MG...
Thats right, I said homies, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

First of all, Oblivion is one of the best games of all time.

Secondly, G4 may not be the best place to get your game reviews...Sessler drives me nuts!

I have it and I love it.

Cool thanks man.

Also, I just found XPlays Oblivion review...it got a 5 :)

I usualy dont have a problem with XPlay, its usually the other shows.
It doesnt even matter now since I dont have G4 anymore :banghead:

Personally, I hate every single show on G4 and I hate every single gaming mag. All of them are terribly biased against one thing or another. GI hates any low-profile games (meaning, the adspace a game features in their mag directly dictates the score...bribery). EGM hates fighting games and RPGs that aren't from Suare-Enix. Nintendo Power just rates pretty much everything really high. XBM caves to the hype to a crazy degree. Gamepro doesn't like games that have alot to them. IGN is just dumb, their reviews are crap and it takes you 12 minutes and 400 ads to even get there. Gamespot isn't too bad, but they have a tendency to over-emphasize graphics and they also cave into hype. Xplay hates fighting games that aren't Soul Calibur, hates RPGs that aren't from Square Enix and is just generally dumb. Attack of the Show under-rates alot of stuff.

Anyway, Oblivion is great.

According to Spuds, MG is the way to go for everything.
Stan, I think I'm just senile...
MG's review was the first one I looked at, and I totally forgot about it...

I watch G4 a lot, haven't seen their rating for this game...

Though I don't pay much attention to the channel, unless Morgan Webb is reviewing something....

Hey !

That would be a great idea for one of the MyGamer contests, the winner gets to go out on a date with Morgan...

Peace,

OMG Oblivion kicks ass. I love rpg's and Oblivion has everything a rpg needs to have. Any way, my point is this, if u sorta liked Fable u'll love this game. It's fable tmes 8 million. It has a great story, graphics (even tho with rpg's graphics don't really matter),great battle layout, u can play in third and first person and it executes a prefect first person rpg(and thats hard); trust me u'll play in 1st person. All in all its one of tthose games even noon-rpg players get hooked on and won't stop playing for hours apon hours. And that makes a good rpg.

Too bad I couldn't win a 360 from MG. Although I don't think I evn got close to the minimum required posts to qualify, but still it would have been nice. hahaha.

silent_storm said:
Edit: Why do the ads always come after my posts?

Because your you. And there is a problem with you thats why. Be lucky that the ads take notice to you.

Yea this game will sure keep you busy. But take note you must get into the game in order for you to like it. It's a nice game but there is no direct path and you can get lost doing things that will do nothing for the story. I love it, there are a few things I can do with out but it's a solid game.

I felt like there was a ton of direction. Much more than Morrowind anyway. I never wondered, "What am I supposed to do next?" It was more a matter of "Holy Crap, I have a ton of things to do, how do I choose?!"

Thats what I mean by no direction. It's like the game rops you off in space and says now find your way home. It's a good thing but it can be a bad thing also. For some who like to just foloow the story and get to the end, you may be lost. to others its a vast journey that will take you anywhere you like. Do as you please. True the story tells you to go here but thats about it. Unless you know what your doing you can get lost doing missions that are worthless. But i do enjoy kill orcs for no reason.

yea it's almost like u finish one quest and u get two more in the process of completing it. Lots of directions. but thats whats kool, if ur stuck on a mission u have like 8 other quests to do in its place. I love this game. I think, so far, its the best XBOX360 game out.

P.S. If u have a life and u play this game u'll lose it... quickly. And on the other hand if u don't have a life u'll gain something to do for a couple straight days.