nobody

I play Gamecube. I love the Metroid and Zelda series. Plus, Time Splitters Future Perfect was great for the GC, I thought.

is it? i was wondering whether i should buy it or not. i loved TS2. i never unlocked quite everything...some of those arcade missions were just too hard. but it sure soaked up a lot of my time, definitely worth its weight in gold. the mapmaker was loads of replay value too. just wish i was still in college and had some drinking gaming buddies to play multiplayer with though.

tell me if i should buy or rent

I really like my Gamecube; when I have a choice between Gamecube and PS2 for a specific title, I almost always go Gamecube because it usually looks better and I prefer the controller.

There just isn't much coming out for the system, so it's kind of stagnant. It was absolutely worth it just to play Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, and Animal Crossing. I kind of want to try Donkey Konga 2 but the price of the bongos is a bit scary.

Ghost, email Yoggs about the top 10. He is the one who does the articles.

With regards to Future Perfect, I hadn't played any of the other TS games before and I was simply blown away by FP. The sense of humor was great. There were many times where I laughed out loud. I too lament the lack of college drinking multiplayer buddies, however, FP allows you to play the multiplayer games with bots. There are some crazy challenges again that are fairly hard. I Gamefly-ed the game to review for the site, but I loved it so much I paid the price to keep it. It does have a lot of replay value and that is what made it worth it in my mind. I love games with replay value. That was a mini review, but to toot my own horn a bit, you could read my regular review [a]http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?page=gameportal&mode=reviews&id=550609&platform=GameCube[aa]here[/a]. I guess I would say rent first because you can never be sure, but I was really happy that I went ahead and bought it. I haven't finished all the challenges either, but I love blasting away on some multiplayer every now and then.

While I am far from the best FPSer, I thought the bots in FP were pretty hard. However, I would rather have such be the case then too easy. I can always get better. It is not as much fun to get worse.

I can't even pronounce that username.

I think what's what's happening is this: rabid chipmunks broke nto someone's house and are playing with their computer. One is pushing the mouse around and the other is running across the keyboard. By some accident of fate, they happened to register here and keep hitting the "reply to this post" button.

BCampbell said:
I can't even pronounce that username.

I think what's what's happening is this: rabid chipmunks broke nto someone's house and are playing with their computer. One is pushing the mouse around and the other is running across the keyboard. By some accident of fate, they happened to register here and keep hitting the "reply to this post" button.

Perhaps but I don't think so. I think the chipmunks could type al little better than that. Got to give the chipmunks the credit they deserve. You remember Alvin and the Chipmunks. Yeah, those guys were tight and they had a band and could rock out hard!

The GC is great, but no one plays it because there just aren't that many good games out for it right now. And it doesn't help that Nintendo keeps pimping out Mario in so many games like there is no tomorrow.

Yeah, I saw something about a DS game called Metroid Pinball. I really hope Nintendo doesn't run that franchise into the ground as well. I hold it in too high an esteem. I don't know if I could handle such a travesty.

Andre 3k are you really Ted Turner in disguise,

"You sold me out, I could use a man like you, hows 100 million a year sound, you disgust me your fired"

revolution better be damn good or nintendo is gonna go down as strictly software. which, i might say...really isnt that versatile. i mean yes -- we love the familiar characters that are largely due to miyamoto's genius...but how far can we stretch them? mario,yes he is strung out way beyond repair...and the majority of his crew...donkey kong got a gig playin the bongo's cause he can't get a job doing anything else. link is one of the only characters who hasnt been completely exhausted. and metroid to some extent but as wijg points out...we will have to wait to see about that. sigh...don't die nintendo...

:mario: --> :trash:

Unless Nintendo drops its "quality over quantity" slogan and stops its love affair with itself I think they'll eventually go the way of Sega. I hated seeing Sega's fall, and Nintendo better recognize the same thing is very close to happening to them. They have so many strikes against them with their reputation, lack of 3rd party support, lack of online play (love that split screen!), & lack of truly new and fun games with their most "money" character. I mean how many Mario Parties do we need? And Mario Sunshine, while not a bad game, did not have the freshness or fun factor we're used to from a Mario game. The best game on the Nintendo is RE4 and thats coming out on the PS2 later this year (and looks just as good). Their console is basically on life support until a Metroid or Zelda game comes out. If it weren't for the Gameboy, Nintendo may have been out of the console race by now. If the big "N" doesn't shape up I give them 2 more systems before they're just software, and that may not be a bad thing.