No Thumb Strap

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
I am pretty disappointed in the fact that my new DS Lite did not come with a Thumb/Wrist Strap. Plus, I traded in my old DS with the strap, so now I am strapless. Weak.

I did the same thing. I tradced in mine with the strap because i figured that the DS lite would have one. I almost went into the store and said that it was missing from the box. I am glad that I read the contents on the outside before i made a fool of myself. Luckily I have a friend that does not use theirs so I am borrowing it until I figure out how to get another one.

Weird. The strap is probably the handiest, dandiest, cheapest thing on the DS. I mean, I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but then when I started carrying it around work as I operated off of a sort of work/play schedule between pausing the game and taking water samples (I work at a pool in a state where it rains a lot in the summer (and no one wants to come to the pool when it rains); not a totally DS-friendly place XD). I feel a lot safer with it dangling from my wrist than just in my hands.

You could probably rig up a cheap wrist strap with stuff just laying around your house. Just cut up a lanyard or something XD Your friends might laugh at you, but hey you'll have a wrist strap ^_^

So far, the only purpose I would have for the thumb-strap is in Super Mario 64 DS, where you use it on the touch screen in lieu of an analogue joystick. Just using your thumb is terrible (for the controls and for the screen), so I'm left using the D-pad, which is a little bit difficult in a 3D environment designed for a joystick.

Anybody have any suggestions on how I could rig something up to wear on my thumb to act like a little stylus for the Joystick touch function?

DS Thumb Stylus

I miss the thumb stylus that came with the DS. Recently, I tried a Thylus and it works pretty well on Mario and Metroid Prime especially. You can find it at the Mygamer store! Frequent it as often as possible in order to help pay for Mygamer's update costs!

Last edited by a moderator:
eman said:
I miss the thumb stylus that came with the DS. Recently, I tried a Thylus and it works pretty well on Mario and Metroid Prime especially. You can find it at the Mygamer store! Frequent it as often as possible in order to help pay for Mygamer's update costs!
Yes, we should all do at least part of our Christmas shopping at the Mygamer store!