Nintendo Fails

I'm with him ^^

Although I never had a N64, I do have a cube. And I like it. It's still the most comfortable controller (although the Dual Shock is growing on me).

I love my DSLite and I'm going to buy a Wii. I may never get a PS3 or a 360. The price would likely have to dip below $200 (Canadian) for me to take that plunge, and if they're starting up as high as they are, then I don't expect that will happen until the next generation comes out (2011-12).

Nintendo has always been a first choice console with me for three reasons. Mario, Link, and Samus. I don't expect that to change unless they really cock up all three franchises.

I'm looking forward to the Wii, but I've heard mixed reviews on it. That the learning curve of the controller is too steep (that's really the worst thing I've heard). Which would mean that the system that's supposed to be a "pick up and play" toy, will actually be a "pick up and learn for an hour or two, then have fun, if you still care" toy. However, I think it depends on the game you're playing. The casual games have been designed to use only a little bit of the Wii-mote's funcionality, like Wii-sports and Elebits. Those games appeared very simple to learn (instantaneous in the case of tennis) when I saw people playing at E3.

Sorry about the tangent. I choose Nintendo first because they are more consistant at delivering a FUN casual gaming experience. As much as I would love to sit and waste hours playing Oblivion (the game's title is ironic, no?), I can't afford the time it takes to get into a game like that. Hell, I have trouble with a 20-hour RPG, especially if it's not all that fun. Katamari Damacy is the game that best fits my current gaming style that the PS2 has to offer. But Mario Kart DS trumps that, and so do countless others on the DS, and probably on Wii as well.

spudlyff8fan said:
The PSP isn't a bad handheld, though, Luda.

I neve said it was. I had two of them, bought one at launch traded it when my PS2 died and the Video iPod came out. Bought another one soon after but I gave that away to a friend. I'm looking to get another one around the time of Lumines II (Unless Lumines Live comes first). The PSP is a well built system it has great promise, IT JUST DOES NOT CARY THE GAMES. Some I know is bucasue of long partnerships Nintendo has with certain companies. But some
games were just the same as buying the PS2 version at the same price and less fetures.

You...GAVE AWAY A PSP?!?!?! Why?

Anyway, the PSP is starting to get it's own list of exclusives, at about the same time as the Xbox 360. The 360 is, for the most part right now, PC and Xbox ports. But now that games like Chrome Hounds and Blue Dragon are coming out, it's going to really become its own console. Same with PSP. It's got games like Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Guilty Gear Judgment, Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained, Sonic Rivals, etc, etc that'll set it apart.

YES I GAVE AWAY A PSP. I didn't care for it It just sat there on my dresser. I was more into my iPod than anything.

But yes I see the titles they are getting Loco Roco is one I'm waiting on seeing. But other than that I'm not a huge PSP fan. I'll more than likely be downloading my SEGA and Nintendo Emulators on it. Maybe a movie ot two but thats it. Lumines is the only reason I need a PSP *shinin is playing in my head right now* I loved that game SO MUCH I have a copy of Shake Ya Body and Shinin on my iPod and my 360. Am I wrong for that

i just go to the flea market and get a brick (48 i believe) of batteries for $3 and your set for awhile. Yes they may be garbage ripoff batteries, but thats the only way i can survive with my 360. Four controllers going for 1-2 hours a day is a lot of battery juice and i just went with the old 'quantity over quality' method

When I read that thing on IGN, my first thought was "Nintendo is a lying little bitch." My second thought was "or maybe IGN is a lying little bitch."

Either way, that's a load of crap.

i cant believe your bitching about batteries, i dont think nintendo is stupid enough to make a controller that chews threw a battery in 2min, besides wireless controllers only rele do one thing, tells the system that you pressed a button, and its not the wii mote that does everything, its the system, so dont worry about it and if your that concerned about batteries, grab 10$ and head down to your walmart and buy a shit load like i did for my 360.

How many batteries do you get at your Wal Mart for $10? I get like...4.

Really, with the amount of time the 360 controller gets, how much time are you expecting the batteries to get in a Wiimote? Seriously, the Wiimote sends and receives 25 times more data than the 360 controller. Not to mention that Blutooth practically eats batteries like popcorn. When the controller eats 2 energizers in three hours, it isn't gonna be pretty.

to anwser your battery question i got a 100, thank you walmart for your low prices ; )

but seriousaly dont worry, if nintendo can create a controler thats a remote, they wont just make it last for five min....cause well, THERE NINTENDO!!

Uhh...Gamebody (4AAs, 6 hours of play) and Virtual Boy (6AAs, 3 hours of play). Seriously, the Gameboy SP and DS can't even run off a battery. Why would a blutooth remote with a speaker and pressure-sensitive buttons be able to?

I don't remember anyone whining like this when the Xbox 360 controllers were known to use batteries.

And how did they get around this?

A CHARGING KIT. The damn controllers even come stock with rechargable batteries in them.

EDIT: Additionally, the Xbox 360 controllers run up to 40 hours on two AA batteries.

As seen here and here

I should also note that the Xbox 360 controller transmits less data from the controller to the console (joysticks and buttons as opposed to full motion sensing, an accelerometer AND buttons).

spudlyff8fan said:
How many batteries do you get at your Wal Mart for $10? I get like...4.

Really, with the amount of time the 360 controller gets, how much time are you expecting the batteries to get in a Wiimote? Seriously, the Wiimote sends and receives 25 times more data than the 360 controller. Not to mention that Blutooth practically eats batteries like popcorn. When the controller eats 2 energizers in three hours, it isn't gonna be pretty.
Dude, we already discussed this and if you're going to argue against the bluetooth issue AGAIN, then remember what I said: yes, batteries suck in that you have to get news ones once in a while, but keep in mind, hardware / software is developed in such a way that over time the SAME AMOUNT of power can support a LOT MORE data transfers.

You are allowed to be upset about batteries like AAs in there - I am, cause I likes me my chargeable electronics - but don't b**ch about the power consumption, as just because past bluetooth devices eat power, doesn't mean this one will.

spudlyff8fan said:
Uhh...Gamebody (4AAs, 6 hours of play) and Virtual Boy (6AAs, 3 hours of play). Seriously, the Gameboy SP and DS can't even run off a battery. Why would a blutooth remote with a speaker and pressure-sensitive buttons be able to?
Um... the SP and DS have colour screen(s)? Those are some of the biggest power consumers on any electronic device. If I have a choice between turning the bluetooth on my phone off or the light of the screen off, the screen choice will conserve more power than the bluetooth choice.