Nintendo DS redesign announced!

cuinneas

Public Relations Manager
Registered
Oct 29, 2005
Vashon Island, WA
3d games desperately need a control stick. The control pad only allows movement in eight directions, and that makes it especially difficult to play games like Madden, Super Mario 64 and Rayman with any level of precision. That's why I think the DS needs a control stick as opposed to a pad. Plus, I predict that the DS won't be able to do well with any 2d or traditional fighting games.

I believe that you can use the thumb stylus as a joystick on the touch screen. I mean that is what I use anyways for Super Mario 64. They realised that the joystick was a very important feature of that game and made adaptations. Sweet deal.

Yep, it seems like the touch screen is designed to replace any need for an analog stick.

In any case, people played games like Madden before analog sticks became popular. In fact, i find that it's easier to play Winning Eleven with the D-pad rather than the analog stick on the PS2. And fighters? They're designed for 8-way directional control.

Well, fighters definitely need the pad, but we won't even really be seeing one until Guilty Gear DS. And I really, really don't like using the pad in any fast-paced situations, in fact, I use the ABXY buttons in Metroid Prime Hunters and Goldeneye.

I have the Metroid Hunters demo, and let me tell you, if you use the Thumb strap on the screen instead of the stylus, it makes all the difference in the world. try it. use the thumb strap, yeah, it may look a little strange, but it totally works.

Actually, you don't have to concern yourself about becoming proficient in Metroid Prime Hunters. It is a figment of our imaginations. It is not really coming out. Just like Tom Cruise when he was in the closet. Only R. Kelly and his gun have a chance.

Thumb strap? Does that sound dirty to anyone else but me? Anyway, the original seemed like it was made in the early 80s. The redesigned DS looks a little better. Still not enough to make me want to buy one though.

You are right... thumbs strap does sound dirty. I think that the current design is really bulky... If the newer design is any slimmer than I am totally on board. I cannot wait to be able to put it in my pocket without it looking like I am packin'

thumb strap may sound funny, but, believe me... it works.

........... hey, that sounded kinda bad too....