Ninety-Nine Nights ... N^3

sdman135

Registered
Apr 25, 2006
NYC Harlem
Is there any, other then myself, that is excited for august. Mainly because of 99 Nights. I think its the koolest looking rpg ever. I love rpg's and especially nontradtional ones, free swing or shoot fighting scheme. And this one looks amazing. I caught a mini-gasm after the first trailer and i'm hooked like a old man with a prostitute. I'm wondering if anyone's excited for the launch of Ninety-Nine Nights.

I really don't think that Ninety-Nine Nights is an RPG. It's definitely more of an Action Title in the vein of Dynasty Warriors only with additional story and some upgradeable elements.

It does look pretty, but those games where you hack n' slash a million bad guys tend to get repetitive and dull after a little while.

Actually, NNN is kinda predicted to be one of those games that were made in a feeble attempt to gain Japanese support. I think it'll be good, though.

I doubt that. I think it will be a waste of time and Suck Like most of the Xbox attempts. i wont hold my breath for this came. Now Enchanted Arms that could be a different story.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
I doubt that. I think it will be a waste of time and Suck Like most of the Xbox attempts.
clifford_house-wrong.gif

To me Spud a lot of the Xbox games sucked. Most of the 360 games looks like they will suck or be great. N3 weak, Too Human ok, Gears of War Really I don't know. It looks good but I've played Killswitch and it did not hold to well. Unless Gears can offer me something new in the cover fire and shoot area i'm not inpressed. I'm still pissed that the 360 is FPS central for games. HOW many FPS do we really need. with no game dynamic in them. I love my 360 it's the best thing I bought so far this year. I thnk MS is doing good things with the system and can do beeter in the Game department. Tell you what when the get the japan support then i'll be all in.

Now was that a better way to say it

PrinceLUDA21 said:
To me Spud a lot of the Xbox games sucked.

A lot of games for every console sucks.

Most of the 360 games looks like they will suck or be great.

Doesn't that describe all games?

N3 weak, Too Human ok, Gears of War Really I don't know.

Those are three of the most-anticipated games of the year. They're all pretty much guaranteed to be great, man.

I'm still pissed that the 360 is FPS central for games. HOW many FPS do we really need. with no game dynamic in them.

The reason the 360 is FPS-heavy is because the Xbox 360 was made to be specifically easy to port PC games to. That's why we get lots of FPSs, and pretty much any other good PC game. And you know what? Good. The 360 had a load of FPSs. Many, MANY of which are good.

Tell you what when the get the japan support then i'll be all in.

I don't think they'll really "get" Japan. But they're trying to get better. And they are.

Did you need to disect my post like that god. O well here goes.

spudlyff8fan said:
A lot of games for every console sucks. .

True but like I said to me most of the Xbox games sucked. True every console has it's share of bad games but the Xbox had the most.

spudlyff8fan said:
Doesn't that describe all games? .

I need to rephrase that. The line up for right now looks good but I fear that they will suck. I will call this the X3 complex.

spudlyff8fan said:
Those are three of the most-anticipated games of the year. They're all pretty much guaranteed to be great, man. .

Don't hold to that. You of all ppl should know that jut bcause they are anticipated and look good donse not mean the will be great. Again the X3 effect. SSX On Tour looked good but was not as good as SSX3.

spudlyff8fan said:
The reason the 360 is FPS-heavy is because the Xbox 360 was made to be specifically easy to port PC games to. That's why we get lots of FPSs, and pretty much any other good PC game. And you know what? Good. The 360 had a load of FPSs. Many, MANY of which are good.

I have no problem with the fact that the 360 and Xbox brought in the PC gaming community to the HOme console but i'm tired of every game coming out s FPS. And I don't meant Shooters, but games like Condemned was not needed to be FP.

spudlyff8fan said:
I don't think they'll really "get" Japan. But they're trying to get better. And they are.

That I aggre with. I think they are trying but they are not getting the support. Maybe if the PS3 does not do well in Japan and company's want to get games out they may hift over to the 360 being that it's easier to make a game on that system than the PS3. But I enjoy more games that fit the Japaness style of games. Not a FPS lover i can't stand a lot of them.

There's very little chance the PS3 won't do well in Japan. They love their Sony over there. Microsoft has never really breached the Japanese market at all. The XBox was a miserable failure and thusfar, the 360 has faired no better.

I don't really enjoy FPSs very much either. I loved Halo, but got bored with Halo 2 pretty quickly. Fortunately, games like Bioshock and Gears of War are in the lineup that share similarities with FPSs, but look to break the mold in their own way. Bioshock with a moody, spooky atmosphere and GOW with stop and pop action. Will the games live up to expectations? Who knows.

The summer is slow. The fall isn't looking too hot either. But come winter 2006 and 2007, some incredible games will be unleashed upon us.

That said, if you need an immediate fix of non-FPS games to play, you should check out Hitman, Table Tennis or Tomb Raider. They'll pass the time nicely.

EDIT: Oh, and Condemned had to be First Person! That was part of the appeal and the immersion in the game. It wouldn't have been as creepy in the third person perspective!

Omg i can't beleive one likes it but me. It is an RPG cuz u level up but its not tradtional one, kinda like Kingdom Hearts. The amazingness of the combos is what attracts me the most. How is Too Human ... "ok" thats one of the games that'll kick ass; along with GRAW, Fight Night, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Oblivion, Tomb Raider, Moto GP 2006, Dead or Alive 4 and 2006 FIFA World Cup .... Are these "sucky" games?... i think not. And the second wave of games suck? hell no, how can u say Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Too Human, Lost Planet, Superman, Prey,Rainbow Six: Vegas, Halo 3,Mass affect and Enchanted Arms, just to name 1/2 of 'em, will suck.
I know i'm comin off as a fanboy but i'm not, i love/ i'll love all the systems. Each one has/ will have great games and i can make a list for each of the next-gens. But after reading the list i made how can u say XBOX360 games just plain 'ol suck, thats impossible.

Last edited:
Maybe it's me only because I play WAYYYYY TOOO Many games. But GoW is not the game i'm looking foward to at all. From what I've seen and heard it's not that big a deal in any thing different in game play. If anyone has ever played Killswitch then you know what i'm talking about. Even the 007 Everything or Nothing has the Duck and Shoot aspect. So that is not a big deal to me. I'm not saying Gears will not be a good game or a great game. It look liek it'll be fun to play. But i'm not gonna hop in line to buy one first day.

But we will see come fall.

PS. Don't take to heart a lot of things I say on games during the summer. I may get two-faced on topics. It's the summer when the hate comes out. One Min, it's phraise the next it's hate.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
True but like I said to me most of the Xbox games sucked. True every console has it's share of bad games but the Xbox had the most.
Not really. I mean, the PS2 had by FAR the crappiest good game to crappy game ratio, but the PS2 had lots of great exclusives. The Xbox was an excellent console, and had more good games than the Cube.

I need to rephrase that. The line up for right now looks good but I fear that they will suck. I will call this the X3 complex.
Every good-looking game can suck.

Don't hold to that. You of all ppl should know that jut bcause they are anticipated and look good donse not mean the will be great. Again the X3 effect. SSX On Tour looked good but was not as good as SSX3.
Silicon Knights, behind Too Human, has never put out a game that was less than blockbuster in terms of excellence. I don't think they'll start now and there's no reason anybody should expect them to. Same goes for the other two. Great development teams working with a lot of money.

I have no problem with the fact that the 360 and Xbox brought in the PC gaming community to the HOme console but i'm tired of every game coming out s FPS. And I don't meant Shooters, but games like Condemned was not needed to be FP.

Condemened is a bafflingly excellent game, and the first-person view point made the game FAR more visceral. A great game is a great game.

That I aggre with. I think they are trying but they are not getting the support. Maybe if the PS3 does not do well in Japan and company's want to get games out they may hift over to the 360 being that it's easier to make a game on that system than the PS3. But I enjoy more games that fit the Japaness style of games. Not a FPS lover i can't stand a lot of them.
I seriously doubt the PS3 will do anything short of excellent in Japan. Granted, the Japanese despise FPSs, or anything that closely resembles them, but very few of the FPSs even end up over there. But I still think that the 360 is unpopular in Japan solely because they don't like that it came from America. It has plenty of games that would appeal to them, but no.

spudlyff8fan said:
Not really. I mean, the PS2 had by FAR the crappiest good game to crappy game ratio, but the PS2 had lots of great exclusives. The Xbox was an excellent console, and had more good games than the Cube..

Is that your opinion? Because I enjoyed more games on the Cube than the Xbox. I bought two Xbox systems once when KOTOR came out and again when the Secon KOTOR came out, but then Fable and Halo 2 were coming out. Plus Burnout 3 felt better on the Xbox. And yes the PS2 has the worst ratio of crappy games yet, it's Number one. You'd think the either Nintendo or Xbox would hold the top spot because they carry a better game ratio then Sony.

spudlyff8fan said:
Silicon Knights, behind Too Human, has never put out a game that was less than blockbuster in terms of excellence. I don't think they'll start now and there's no reason anybody should expect them to. Same goes for the other two. Great development teams working with a lot of money..

Silicon is a great team. Eternal Darkness was the best thing that ever happend to the Cube before RE4.

spudlyff8fan said:
Condemened is a bafflingly excellent game, and the first-person view point made the game FAR more visceral. A great game is a great game..

Honestly I did not enjoy it that much. See I have a problem with the dual analog control set up. FPS and War games should use this only. But the fact that the industry is craming so many War games and FPS down the pipe and to top it off action games like MAx Payne use the same set up. Don't get me wrong is a easy to use set up once you know how to do it but it gets regergitated. I do hope the Wii will change that and we will soon see a different take on how games are played the same old thing only gets you by for so long. Look at Nintendo, they are looked at to die off almost everytime you look but they keep coming back like the Jason.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Is that your opinion? Because I enjoyed more games on the Cube than the Xbox. I bought two Xbox systems once when KOTOR came out and again when the Secon KOTOR came out, but then Fable and Halo 2 were coming out. Plus Burnout 3 felt better on the Xbox. And yes the PS2 has the worst ratio of crappy games yet, it's Number one. You'd think the either Nintendo or Xbox would hold the top spot because they carry a better game ratio then Sony.

No, statistically, the Xbox had more highly-rated games on it than the Cube. IMO, though, the Cube and the Xbox were equally good consoles because the Cube had far in the way of genre diversity. I just got alot more playtime out of the Xbox because the Xbox has more fighting games (the Cube has TWO good fighting games) and because the Xbox has actually had a good game come out the past year. But the reason the PS2 is on top is because even though it has more crappy games, it still has way more good games than the other two.

Silicon is a great team. Eternal Darkness was the best thing that ever happend to the Cube before RE4.
Eternal Darkness is great, but I liked them more for MGS Twin Snakes.

Honestly I did not enjoy it that much. See I have a problem with the dual analog control set up. FPS and War games should use this only. But the fact that the industry is craming so many War games and FPS down the pipe and to top it off action games like MAx Payne use the same set up. Don't get me wrong is a easy to use set up once you know how to do it but it gets regergitated. I do hope the Wii will change that and we will soon see a different take on how games are played the same old thing only gets you by for so long. Look at Nintendo, they are looked at to die off almost everytime you look but they keep coming back like the Jason.
Well, if you have a problem with moving with one finger and aiming with the other, you're gonna have problems. But cmon! It's such a standard setup!

Dude Twin Snakes was great. I loved that game. * crying*

But yea i think your right i'm in trouble. The 2 sticks are standard which bugs me. But do you like the Idea of less games with the standard design. Less FPS games on the market, in turn it would make for better FPS, Less War games.

Be here is an Idea that has nothing to do with controls. On COD3 would it not kick major ass is the Halo style health was gone. I mean if you get shot you don't hide then get your health back an go back fighting. here is something I heard would be a great idea. Medic teams floow you around. But instead of just one guy following you the whole game they can DIE. So pisture this. You just landed and about to get into battle you have a team of ppl, and about 3 medic dudes. Whn you get shot or a partner gets shot the medic guy come over to heal you. But just like your team they can die. But to keep the Hardness down, around each check point your Medic team gets rehashed. So if you lost a guy you get a guy back.

Would that not rule and make the game more realistic.

Yea but who really cares about Americas Army. See good ideas wasted on games like that. And good games never really get the cool ideas.

Wasted on games like that? It's one of the most popular games on PCs. And it's good. What's wrong with it?

For one it's on a PC ( not a big fan for many PC games )
2. It's not COD point blank.
3. It's not COD2
4. I don't care much for it.
5. It's America's Army ( needs a cooler name than that )

1) It doesn't require high-specs, so it's fine by me.
2) fanboy
3) FANBOY
4) Have...have you played it before?
5) It's a better name that "Wii"