Ninendo Wii

Kaylzy99

Registered
Nov 24, 2006
Anyone buying one of these when they come out? Im getting one for Xmas.. I can't wait. I think they'll be a total hit this xmas! What do yaz reckon?

I should be getting my Wii come Christmas time....It will be the only gift i get from my wife....But that is fine by me....The Wii is going to bring back gaming as more than your average pasttime....I've seen it in action and with all the varying applications and games, this console should not be going anywhere for a while........I can't wait to get my hands on the Virtual Console!

I got mine yesterday, I am impressed so far.

my arms do get tired after a little while but overall the game play is fun and engaging.

I am going to start d/l the classic games as soon as i can locate a classic controller.

A couple friends of mine have played it, and one complained about "Wii elbow." At least I know I can try it, if I can't get one. Oh, curse PAL TVs! If it weren't for that conversion problem, I could've picked up a EuroWii while I was here, in the Netherlands.

I actually feelt like Jessie Spano singing "I'm so excited" when i got mine. It's pretty nuts. Bowling = awesome-tacular

I know several people who are just waiting for them to be on sale again. Fortunately, my friend at Circuit City has told me that the shipment is in, but she can't say when they'll go on sale. Although she did say that it will sell on her next morning shift. I love hook-ups. Although I'm not personally getting one, she'll use her discount and get me one and then I'll sell it to my coworkers for full price.

I'm still debating on selling mine, but only for double what i bought it. Muah ha ha ha!!! Some child's christmas may be ruined by my greed. Muah ha ha!!

I was just at a Best Buy this morning, and one woman had bought 2 PS3's and she was trying to strike a deal with my Wii-bearing friend for some kind of trade. He'd better not, but he's weak in the face of shiney new electronics. At least I got to play a bunch of Wii last night, and I've got a better idea of how desperate people are for Wii by waiting in line for just a couple hours.

3 more days til Christmas Day......3 more days til i get my Wii....hopefully, i mean........*crosses fingers that wife isn't bullshittin' saying she may have one for me*....heh

Now if she does have one, now that's love. Speaking of which, I'd love to know how she got it. Good luck though, I hope you get the Wii and have plenty of fun with it. ;)

asylum_boy said:
3 more days til Christmas Day......3 more days til i get my Wii....hopefully, i mean........*crosses fingers that wife isn't bullshittin' saying she may have one for me*....heh

Good luck asylum. Gotta say I love the wii and zelda(of corse)

Beth said:
I got mine yesterday, I am impressed so far.

my arms do get tired after a little while but overall the game play is fun and engaging.

I am going to start d/l the classic games as soon as i can locate a classic controller.

In case you haven't found a VC contoller yet you can use gamecube controllers for any of the classic games or turn the remote sideways for NES, Turbograffix, or some Genesis. You might already know this, but i thought i'd tell you if you happened to overlook that capability.

Well, as an update on my never-ENDING search to find a Wii, i may have found light at the end of the tunnel......My wife's best friend works at a Target in Jersey, so she might be able to snag one for me and i pay her for it once we see her next weekend.....*crosses fingers that I get my hands on that wonderful console*.......As most of you know, I didn't get one for Christmas, as my wife nor none of my relatives could find one.....So, they gave me money for it instead....I could have spent that money already on other things like a bunch of 360 games....But I have held out to get a Wii........The search continues.....as......of......this......point......

I, too, am still in wait for a Wii. I'm not terribly proactive about it, since any location that might have one means having to pay for subway fare ($4 for the chance to spend more money at a later date, which will again cost $4).

But I can afford to wait: my roommates have a Wii.