Naruto

Actually, the main reason is that Bandai has used the exact same fighting engine for Inuyasha, Zatch Bell and One Piece. They just put different characters in each one. Budokai and FMA are different cases, because Budokai is half-assed by Atari, and FMA is just poorly done by Square-Enix. Naruto was made a loooooooooong time ago, too. This was before Bandai started making their copy/paste games.

I had some fun with Budokai 2....twas ok.

It was just pretty rigid in the movement, and there wasn't enough move diffferentiation between characters...but some fun....

Is there much difference in this one?

i played the japanese version of naruto 3 back when it first came out, and it's really fucking fun with 4 players.

I caught a few episodes of naruto on CN, and i gotta say some of the voices are horrible. and it's gonna be years before they get to any of the new japanese eps at the rate they're going, i mean, they haven't even shown rock lee yet...

Well, there are something like...170 episodes, I'd estimate they're around episode 20...so yeah. It's gonna be a while before they can do much...unless they add it to adult swim and put out a new episode each weekday night, like with some of their original stuff before they SPIRALED INTO CRAP THAT IS ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES OF ACTUAL SHOWTIME.

having lived in Lee for over 2years now and having only one television channel has gotten kind of nice really. we get netflix (mail-order dvds)

this way we can still see the quality shows (most crap shows dont go to dvd) and mostly good movies...its cool. low cost too. 18 bucks a month and at least 12 discs a month.

Watching TV shows on DVD has become one of my new favorite things. I have a strong hate for commercials. i usually cannot get through an entire show because they lose my interest afer only 1 or 2 commercials. I have to change the channel and end up watching about 10 different shows in an hour.

The reason U.S. companies won't release the absolute most recent version of an Anime licensed game like Naruto is simply because fans have not been introduced to the playable characters in the latest game version.

Take Naruto: Clash of the Ninja for instance. Japan recently saw the fourth installment of this series released a couple of months back. However, the game contains about twenty characters that have not even shown up in the anime episodes that have aired in the U.S. thus far. So, while the U.S. publisher will financially benefit from selling sequels of the game, the games inherently follow the story development of the series.

Also, I can say with confidence that the licensed Naruto games are of surprisingly high quality. I have played nearly every single Naruto import across the PS2, Gamecube, and GBA and am surprised by the effective use of the liscense. The series single-handedly made me renounce my distrust of anime-based games. Well, at least for this particular series.

Oh, spudlyff8fan, did you draw that picture of Chouji yourself? Nice one.

No, I didn't. But the thing is that they'll have introduced the majority of characters by the game's release. They're already a coupld of episodes beyond the game's end, and by then, we'd be well into GNT/CON 2. I think....

Introducing characters in the anime is one thing, but viewers won't be able to get really familiar and excited about the characters, their personalities, or their special abilities until the third part of the chuunin exam (the tournament part). It won't be until viewers see the Ten Ten vs. Temari, the Neiji vs. Hinata, and the legendary Rock Lee vs. Gaara fights that they get a real understanding of what the characters can do. This way players get an idea of what they can emulate in the game world. The first two parts of the Chuunin exams only give a sneak peek and allude to the potential of the characters that become mainstays of the series in future episodes.

True, true....but that's aeons away, and I don't know if Bandai, or Nintendo for that matter, wants to wait about a year and a half for the story to reach that far. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that by then, the Revolution will have been released, and well into its lifecycle.

And you would lose that bet Steve. Because everyone knows that the Revolution only exists in a world of make believe.

I just wish they wouldn't restrain these stories into the realm of fighting games. Though, Naruto is the first anime I am interested in to use the fighting genre (don't watch DBZ, Zatch Bell, Rave Master, and though I enjoy One Piece, I think Naruto has the potential for more mature stories). FMA, GitS, and the mythical Cowboy Bebop (if it ever comes out) have tried to make games that participate more in the world. Now I haven't played any of those, but I am glad of the attempt. Do any of the Naruto games depart from the fighting genre?

There was a PS2 action game called Uzumaki Ninden. It was more story-driven and not a fighting game. It isn't coming out in America though. There are 4 GBA games and a DS game, however. There are the Ninja Council games (only Ninja Council 1 is announced) which are side-scrolling beat-em-ups, Naruto RPG which is a traditional turn-based RPG, and Naruto Konoha Senki, a tactical RPG.