Naruto

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
Well, with the current release and rising popularity of Naruto on Cartoon Network, it seems that the release of Bandai's fighting game version of the anime was inevitable, and means the Gamecube actually has an exclusive game coming to it. Look for a Mygamer preview soon (from me).

The games aren't, from what I hear (but they're going to put out all 3, in order, which sucks because there are only 9 characters in this one).

Actually, the Naruto games are quite fun, its alot like super smash brothers. But they should just release the 3rd one. Bandai's another lame attempt to milk a anime cash cow.

No, actually they use a letter for that. I think it's an uppercase F, but I'm not sure. I know that they use single English letters for our shorthands....but the only one I'm sure of is that "LOL" is lowercase w.

I'm aware you were attempting to mock my knowledge of japanese emotes. But knowledge is power. And I have more.

Mmm...I've been following Naruto. It's alright so far, but I don't think I'd buy a game based on it. I'd probably spend too much time comparing it to the anime.

This is coming from a guy who hates the anime....Naruto 3 is a very fun game. Its interesting that its only on Gamecube and not on PS2 I am sure Nintendo payed alot of money to make that baby happen. I also played Naruto 2 for PS2 which is also fun. I would actually buy it when it comes out. but probally not Naruto 1.

Well, I know that there are a giant slew of Naruto games out there. There's the Narutimate Hero series, and Uzumaki Ninden (on PS2), the Gekitou Ninja Taisen series (GC), the Naruto RPG series (GBA and DS), the Saikyou Ninja Daikesyuu series (sidescrolling action games, 2 on GBA, 1 on DS) and Konoha Senki (a tactics game on the GBA). So far, Saikyou Ninja Daikesyuu 1 is coming out renamed Naruto: Ninja Council, and the Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1 on GC is being renamed Naruto: Clash of the Ninja. Like Hank said, Nintendo is probably paying out a large sum of money to have Bandai (at least temporarily) keep Naruto on the Nintendo systems. And because this is Bandai, who released the .hack games (which could have easily been one, or maybe two games tops) in a four game set. They'll probably release Clash of the Ninja 2 a couple months later, after all of its characters are introduced, then follow up with 3 soon after. But 1 is really lacking in characters...which is the cool point of 3.

Well, I looked into it and found out the deal Between Nintendo and Bandai/Tomy. Nintendo is going to give access to some of its advertising service, and other special deals for promoting their upcoming Naruto games in Japan, and in exchange, Naruto will be a Nintendo-exclusive series stateside.

I don't understand why all of the recent Anime crossovers into video games are of the fighting genre: Rave Master, One Piece, Zatch Bell, and now Naruto. Was Full Metal Alchemist a fighting game? And I guess GitS:SAC was a shoot em up. I just want to hear about Cowboy Bebop.

The FMA games were RPGs.

It's just that fighting games are relatively simple to make and thus cash in on. What makes it even easier for the developers and publishers is that the character design is already done and the marketing is simple. These games are just so obviously simple cash-ins.

If we manage to get a decent game out of them, it's nearly a miracle. Look at all of the Dragonball Z games. Out of, what, 10 or so released in the last two years, maybe one (maybe) is pretty good.