MyGamer Credits

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
What are Credits?

Credits are something like "virtual money system". You receive Credits when you post on the forum and doing some other activities (check the list below). You can then redeem your credits for awards or forum perks.

How do I earn Credits?

Replying to threads: Earns 5 credits
Creating threads: Earns 25 credits
Polls posted: Earns 5 credits
Poll votes: Earns 2 credits
Uploading avatar: Earns 5 credits

Just to name a few..

How do I spend Credits?

Style Your Usertitle [PACK 2] - PER 6 MONTHS: 300 Credits
Style Your Usertitle [PACK 1] - PER 6 MONTHS: 300 Credits
Add a Image In Your Signature [One Month]: 95 Credits
Add a Image In Your Signature [Permanent]: 150 Credits
Change User Title [One Month]: 75 Credits
Change User Title [Permanent]: 100 Credits
Change Username [One Month]: 260 Credits
Change Username [Permanent]" 450 Credits
Change Email [One Month]: 140 Credits
Change Email [Permanent]: 250 Credits
Change Date Of Birth [One Month]: 190 Credits
Change Date Of Birth [Permanent]: 350 Credits

More to be added in the future..

Looking forward to more features, great idea and I will hope you'll continue with it!

Someone just robbed me for my credits, so if someone can tell me what that is all about that would be great. Why would someone have to ability to do that? What if I had plans for my credits?

Reactions: Lovely01
Someone just robbed me for my credits, so if someone can tell me what that is all about that would be great. Why would someone have to ability to do that? What if I had plans for my credits?
The topic of credit stealing and its pros and coins are currently being discussed here. I think it would be a good idea if you were to weigh in here also as Stan has been requesting thoughts on this subject matter from community members.

Last edited:
Thank you for clearing this up, I have just joined and was a little bit perplexed by the "$30.00" credit in my account. Well first I was like "Mmkay gives me!" but then the site was like "Uh, no." :(
It is a nifty little feature nonetheless.

I was also in the dark concerning the credit system but now am more enlightened.Hopefully i can redeem my credits for something meaningful.Thanks for clearing the air.

I was curious about the credits being issued. I like this idea a lot. I never saw anyone mention anything about spending them so I just didn't ask anything but it is good to know we can use them!

Great idea! One question about the image in signature feature, though. Can you add gifs as well or just normal pictures?

Thanks for the information , i am new here, hope can learn more

Looking forward to seeing this get fleshed out with some ideas. I'd love to see some sort of tipping system for good posts, similar to up/downvotes on reddit, but you spend it out of your credit pool.

This is a really cool concept! I'm excited to see how it all works out and what other cool features will come up in the future!

This is a nice idea. In the future you can also implement something like New Title for Account, Badges or some ranks etc. I like the idea of virtual currency. ;)

Yep, I agree that it's a neat idea. So far I am among the richest here on the forum ahah, so if anyone wants to buy my credits I am available. :p

it's not a bad idea. At first most people will be like "why can't I use the features I'm used to?"

And then they'll realize becoming active is the only way to truly get into the forum and have the experience they're looking for. It will weed out the ones who just come to spam.

I've gathered about 1,000 credits without knowing what they were for and why I'm getting them! So it's nice to see a handy thread to explain it all that I can refer back to if I think I'd want something changed and I've forgotten the specifics. I'm also looking forward to the future plans for expanding these featues and specials. It's interesting to think of what else may be achieved if you've got enough credits, hehe.

So now that you realize what you can do with them, what will your first action be petrushka? :)

This is a nice concept. It helps keep people active in order to unlock all the features.

I have the third most credit on the site, I can buy all of these features! Maybe I should. Being a Scrooge McDuck with my credits is cool too, though.

This is actually a very convenient system that is very lucrative towards this forum. I approve!

So now that you realize what you can do with them, what will your first action be petrushka? :)
Haha, I haven't really thought of what I'd like. But now that you've asked...

Hmm.

I might be interested in getting a username change and maybe the title. I'm excited to see what future perks are, though, so I'd probably keep these credits until all available options have been revealed. I wouldn't want to see something I REALLY wanted but not have the credits for when it's available.

Oh, hey, maybe that could be something? A time-limited perk so that people will work for the credits in order to get them. It has hoarding (of credits), a bit of competition and the promise of a limited perk. :p