Music While Gaming?

scleigh215

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
When I have a game like Pay Day 2 that has a pretty decent soundtrack, I don't need anything other music. I just go along with the game. Other games though.. they can be boring musically or just not my style so I have playlists that I use to listen to as I'm gaming. One of my favorite artist to listen to is Blackmill.

What do you all listen to while game? Any particular artist or genre?

For most RPG games I like being immersed in the world, so I keep their music on. When I'm playing fighting games I mute the game's music and play some hip-hop or rap like Chiddy Bang, Childish Gambino, or Kanye West.

Except for Guilty Gear because GG's music is so good.

I just listen to the game soundtrack all the time. I never thought of listening to anything else, though I know some people who listen to really upbeat, motivational songs especially when their game gets really intense.

Depends on the game. If I'm really into the story I'll listen to everything. If it's something like wow or torchlight then I'll throw on some tunes.

I used to play some RPGs while listening to CDs back in the day when I was just grinding. But I have to listen to the game's soundtrack otherwise you miss on part of the whole experience.

I absolutely love listening to music while playing video games especially hip hop. I don't know why but when I listen to energetic music, I get really motivated and play better.

Actually, I rarely listen to any music whenever I am playing a game. I feel like it's somehow distracting me from the game. I would somehow lose my focus, and I would find it rather difficult to concentrate on the game.

Reactions: dillinger10
Actually, I rarely listen to any music whenever I am playing a game. I feel like it's somehow distracting me from the game. I would somehow lose my focus, and I would find it rather difficult to concentrate on the game.
I am the exact same way. I find that any background noise - including music - to be extremely distracting when playing video games. I am nothing if not consistent as I can't listen to music when working or reading. I like to be able to give my full undivided attention on whatever it is I am doing.

It depends on the game for me. I usually listen to the game's music, but sometimes if I'm feeling frisky I'll turn on some rock. I really like listening to Coheed & Cambria for some reason while game. Their music coincides with a lot of games and I love the vibe. I have to listen to something while I'm gaming though. It's hard for me to play or read when it's quiet. Their has to be constant noise. I guess I'm just weird.

If it's a story-based game, I'll usually refrain from listening to other music. I prefer immersing myself into the world of the game and music plays a pretty big part in that. Though, if it's a game I've played before, I would probably have something running in the background. No particular genre, though.

I used to do that when games have appalling or boring soundtracks, but nowadays I rarely played any such games. Even in a game like GTA V where music doesn't play off-missions, you still have the radio when you're driving around which usually has enough good songs.

No, I like to enjoy the games' in-game soundtrack or dialogue as they add to the feel of the story, and helps me pay more attention to what is happening in the game.

Thier are games have a good music... its cool i think... but some people is distract on it...

One of the things that I really enjoy doing while gaming is playing music in the sense that it is a good way that I can get to really boost my confidence while handling the game pad. I've got some songs that I always play ranging from the ones from Eminem and the 50 cent songs.

My pals who plays with me will always say that there is always that extra motivation that catches up with you when you play those games with music.

Well, I am refraining playing my playlist during my game time. Because sometimes it can affect the speed of my games and can ruin my playing experience.

If the game I'm playing on isn't a rank game or a serious battle with other online players then I do listening to music while playing a casual mode game. It's cool and it gives you more enjoyment on game. Though it somehow take away your attention and focus to the game but I always make sure that it isn't an important game battle of me.

I also love to listen to the music while playing games. Any music that will fit the game will do. It will give me the energy to play very well. As long as the music matches all the scenes in a game, that will be perfect! It gives me the feeling that I play inside the game.

I like to listen on mellow songs while playing. Sometimes, the soundtrack of video games really has a great inspiration. It gives me concentration and relaxation. One of my favorite game music is from final fantasy ix "Melodies of Life". This feels like so emotional. It talks about the real adventure of life. How we search and appreciate our purpose in life. I also love to listen the piano version. This makes the game complete.