MGS4 Pics!!!

I wasn't willing to wait for the pics to load since I'm on dial up (don't ask), but the paraphrases from the Kojima interview on that thread looked interesting. The MGS series has always pushed the bar with its graphics. I'm more interested in seeing how the controllable camera in the revamped version of MGS 3 will work; supposedly, Konami's going to use this same system in MGS 4.

I didn't read any of the posts. What was up with the eye patch? Is it Big Boss again I'm guessing not because the backgrounds looked pretty futuristic)?

Last edited:
No, it isn't Big Boss. It might be Snake. Some of those shmoes are in denial over whether or not it is...and I have questions about it too. It'll be a big thing at the Tokyo Game Show though.

spudlyff8fan said:
No, it isn't Big Boss. It might be Snake. Some of those shmoes are in denial over whether or not it is...and I have questions about it too. It'll be a big thing at the Tokyo Game Show though.
knowing kojima we wont know till the game actual comes out or into he gives more info, and u know he never does.

My brother and I saw some footage, and he thinks the "Snake" character looks like Ocelot. Wouldn't that be crazy if it was Ocelot being controlled by Liquid Snake. Like Liquid is pissed at Ocelot and the Patriots (I guess) for having their own agenda so he takes control of Ocelot to ruin their plans and get a new body. I know its highly unlikely, but its Kojima we're dealing with. Anything could happen. Plus, MGS4 is supossed to take place 10yrs after MGS2. This "Snake" character looks a little too old to be Solid Snake. He was about 30 something in MGS2 right? So he should only be 40 something. The person in the pics and trailer looks like he's in his late 50s- early 60s with the all the wrinkles and gray hair.

Last edited:
Maverick said:
My brother and I saw some footage, and he thinks the "Snake" character looks like Ocelot. Wouldn't that be crazy if it was Ocelot being controlled by Liquid Snake. Like Liquid is pissed at Ocelot and the Patriots (I guess) for having their own agenda so he takes control of Ocelot to ruin their plans and get a new body. I know its highly unlikely, but its Kojima we're dealing with. Anything could happen. Plus, MGS4 is supossed to take place 10yrs after MGS2. This "Snake" character looks a little too old to be Solid Snake. He was about 30 something in MGS2 right? So he should only be 40 something. The person in the pics and trailer looks like he's in his late 50s with the all the wrinkles and gray hair.
he was 37 at the end of MGS2, so if it is 10 years after he would be 47.

Do you think a guy like Snake would look that old/bad at 47? Maybe it has something to do with that "fox die" stuff his was infected with in MGS1. It was called fox die right? I mean it looks like he should be carrying around an emergency pack of Icy Hot & Ben-Gay.

Last edited:
Maverick said:
Do you think a guy like Snake would look that old/bad at 47? Maybe it has something to do with that "fox die" stuff his was infected with in MGS1. It was called fox die right?
some people say its because he is a clone, and he is suffering from some type of disease. If u saw the trailer, i will see Snake suffer from something and fall to his knees, then he will inject himself with something. I believe all that is happening because of Fox Die. So i agree with u, it has something to do with fox die.

I just watched the trailer, and the Fox Die seems like its a definite possiblity. That eye patch is kinda cool. I can't believe Konami is making a game that gorgeous on what I'm guessing are PS3 alpha or beta kits.

Maverick said:
I just watched the trailer, and the Fox Die seems like its a definite possiblity. That eye patch is kinda cool. I can't believe Konami is making a game that gorgeous on what I'm guessing are PS3 alpha or beta kits.
yep and now im definitely getting a PS3

I'm gonna get one too. The only bad thing is how much is it going to cost? The 360 is $400, & the PS3 looks like its twice as powerfull as anything us gamers have seen on the 360 (with the possible exception of Gears of War, RE5, & WarDevil). I'm praying it won't be more than $500, but with all these PS3 game trailers showing off its power I wouldn't be surprised if it was upwards of $600.

Last edited:
The Xbox 360 is 300, 400 with the HDD. The PS3 is 400, and has no HDD, and when it does it'll cost 100+

Oh, and Snake would probably be in his 60s for that game. I think he was 44 in MGS2 (the Raiden part).

From all that I've heard MGS4 takes place 10yrs after MGS2 so even if Snake was 44, that would make him 54, not in his sixties. There seems to be a bit of a discerpancy of Snake's age, Mumu120787 said he was 37 in MGS2.

I thought no one knew if the PS3 prices were real or a bluff. Aren't those PS3 prices just speculation by companies like Merrill Lynch Japan, or was there an official announcement?

Last edited:
Well, probably. Konami probably paid jillions of dollars to make the game look like that, and since it isn't pre-rendered they've also been working on it for a long time too. Making a rough-estimate with pre-rendered gfx will be used until companies actually have started development of their games.