Mario Kart or Smash Bros., which franchise is more important for the Wii U?

Which franchise is more important

• Total voters

thepieeatingjay

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
The Wii U has been about for a little bit over 2 years now. From the moment the system released, people were waiting for "must have" games. Within this second year, Nintendo has started to get those games. One is already out in the form of Mario Kart 8. The second will be coming out later this month, Smash Bros. There is no question that both franchises help keep Nintendo afloat.

But which is more important

Smash Bros will sell consoles... but Mario Kart has more legs, and will sell consistently even years from now, if history of Mario sales is any indicator.

That's a good assumption. I had the same conclusion truth be told. Nothing against Smash, but Mario Kart has always been more consistent with Nintendo's longevity. When you look at most of the sales charts, Mario Kart seems to stay on the charts longer that Smash.

Anything from the Mario franchise. It's always what people think of when they hear "Nintendo," and because Mario Kart is an exclusive that's really nothing like other games (Think Playstation All-Stars), I think that it will consistently sell with each console.

Unfortunately, most people would agree that Smash Bros. is going to be better for the Wii U. Though, on a personal level, I think that Mario Kart will be better as far as building a larger fan base for the console is concerned. I suppose only time will reveal which one is really pushing the system further.

They way I see it, Smash bros will be main for a while then after like 5 months everyone will want Mario Kart DLC. I don't see it anyway besides the Smash bros DLC and other games like Zelda U.

I think that they're both important, and that they're both going to do fine no matter what. Both are popular games. I think Mario Kart will bring in better profits for Nintendo, though, because it seems to be really popular lately, especially with the release of Mario Kart 8 DLC for the Wii U.