MARIO KART DLC and more?

indy4s

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Nintendo has really been jumping on the DLC boat as of late, what with Hyrule Warriors and the New Mario Kart 8 tracks and characters. Do you think that this route is a good one for Nintendo to take? DLC for some of their key IPs?

They them selves said that they weren't going to do a lot of DLC's. They hate it when they do that. They only add DLC's when necessary. All though I kinda of like this route they are taking, it still kinda makes some games dull. I mean I am glad that games such as Mario Kart and Smash Bros get DLC. Those are games that need it imo. I just don't see them putting DLC on single player games. (Excluding Fire Emblem).

Well Sony, Microsoft, and most PC games already do it. So it's only natural that Nintendo gets to cash in on it too. I hate the idea of DLC in general. But why should Nintendo be left out of the cash when everyone else is getting it? As long as they aren't abusive in how they go about it, the people won't be too upset about it.

I don't use DLC much but it's nice when they do something like a special character you can only get through a type of DLC event. I think it spices up the game and helps to keep a game running as well as to keep the game continuously purchasable for the consumer market.