Majora's Mask 3DS

GamerMonkey

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
How excited am I? VERY.

This is the game which almost made me fail my first year of University. I loved it and I'm so glad I'm going to get another chance to play it. I've replayed Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube (via the limited edition Master Quest version which came with the first copies of Wind Waker) but MM remains a fond memory.

I loved the side characters the most - helping the postman and getting Anju and Keifi back together.

Then there's the end sequence. *That* moment after you defeat the final boss. Video games can be a brilliant story-telling medium and, in my memory at least, MM did impressively.

Anybody else?

I haven't played it before, so i'm a little interested in it. Some people see it as the better of the two N64 Zelda games, and i'm curious to know whether or not that's true, haha.

This is a very compelling reason to buy the 3DS for me, I'm really excited. I never finished Majora's Mask before my N64 broke, so I'm really considering this.

It's not better than Ocarina of Time though, that's just blasphemous. :p

I'm pretty excited about replaying it again. I was wondering how long it would take them after the OoT 3d version, to hand us over MM as well. I'm glad they didn't disappoint and here it is at last. That said, I absolutely cannot wait to play it again. While it doesn't surpass OoT for me, it is definitely my second favorite Zelda game ever. So the buying of this game again is practically mandatory.

I enjoyed it that much.

I am so looking forward to this game, especially after OoT 3D. As a child, I never did own a Nintendo 64, so these ports are the only way for me to get the classics. I always wanted to play Majora's Mask, so I know this will be good.

I haven't played it before, so i'm a little interested in it. Some people see it as the better of the two N64 Zelda games, and i'm curious to know whether or not that's true, haha.

Hmmm ... in my opinion, MM is better from a critical standpoint, but OOT is definitely the more playable of the two.

MM has this incredibly tight story - it's set in a land called Termina over the three days before the moon crashes, killing everybody. All of the characters have a routine which they endlessly repeat over these three days ... unless Link intervenes of course :D

This repeating structure does mean you sometimes find yourself doing the same things over (especially if you're trying to collect everything), or hanging around waiting for something to happen, but that's part of the joy of the game. It does take some of that playability away from it, and the pure freedom of OOT, but the structure does add a lot of value to the concept of the game. I absolutely understand why a lot of people don't like it.

I do not yet own a 3Ds and I had no intention of buying one until this was announced. What little I know of the game is that every time I play it, I can't stop. I do hate at the beginning of the game you can't seem to skip the opening scene. Not to be disturbed by that one small annoyance, this is the game that has me pining for a 3Ds at last.

Oh yeah I am stoked about this game as well! I own MM and OOT on my N64 they both work perfectly, but I loved playing OOT on the 3DS, and can't wait to try MM out on it too. I was wondering if they would release it on 3DS or not, it seemed like it would be sure fire thing, and then we didn't hear anything about it for a while so I was starting to lose hope, but that's when it gets announced haha. Super hyped for this game.

Man I was waiting for this day since we got that fake trailer back in 2012. I loved playing that game and I never finished it. I am also hoping they put in a secret poster of the new game just like how they did for Ocarina of Time for 3DS.