Mac for gaming

dcom

Registered
Mar 13, 2015
I love Macs to be honest. Prefer them to PC's but I don't think I should buy one because I do enjoy PC gaming. Is it possible for a Mac to actually be a reliable gaming system? Probably would cost a fortune when I could just buy a PC with higher specs for cheaper lol.

Reactions: Dori
There is a couple of games you can playo n a Mac, but if you're serious with gaming, then yeah, no way you would want one. You won't get most of the titles, and if you do, it will be probably years down the road.

There is a couple of games you can playo n a Mac, but if you're serious with gaming, then yeah, no way you would want one. You won't get most of the titles, and if you do, it will be probably years down the road.

Yeah thought so. But it is possible to run any Windows program on a Mac. I was just worried about the specs of most Mac machines. Would probably lag more than it's worth haha.

Most Macs run games fine. If you've got a taste for more high end and demanding games then I suggest going for a decent PC. If you're a casual gamer you could totally get by with a Mac.

Yeah thought so. But it is possible to run any Windows program on a Mac. I was just worried about the specs of most Mac machines. Would probably lag more than it's worth haha.

I mena, sure, you can you Bootcamp or whatever, but it will never be too reliable. And I'm not even sure if it works even half as reliably on games, since they are built on libraries that probably don't exist on Mac.

Most Macs run games fine. If you've got a taste for more high end and demanding games then I suggest going for a decent PC. If you're a casual gamer you could totally get by with a Mac.

True but my main concern was getting a mac for like $1,000 with decent specs when I could get a PC for the same price with double the specs. Guess it just comes down to OS preference lol.

True but my main concern was getting a mac for like $1,000 with decent specs when I could get a PC for the same price with double the specs. Guess it just comes down to OS preference lol.
No, I understand where you're coming from and I think getting a PC is the right choice for you. If you want even more bang for your buck, don't buy pre-made PCs and assemble your own. If you need help search around in the forums or go here: reddit.com/r/buildapc

No, I understand where you're coming from and I think getting a PC is the right choice for you. If you want even more bang for your buck, don't buy pre-made PCs and assemble your own. If you need help search around in the forums or go here: reddit.com/r/buildapc

Oh. Never even considered building my own. That's def an option. Thanks! And I shall check out that link.

I wouldn't buy a Mac for gaming or otherwise. I think that Mac is overrated and you can get a much better system with Windows or even linux for far less money. I think you are clearly paying for the Mac OS because the hardware specs are not the very best.

I love Macs to be honest. Prefer them to PC's but I don't think I should buy one because I do enjoy PC gaming. Is it possible for a Mac to actually be a reliable gaming system? Probably would cost a fortune when I could just buy a PC with higher specs for cheaper lol.
Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of PC gaming that much. I prefer to play my video games on Playstation console and it's why I'm playing on Playstation 5 now. I also have Xbox Series X. But Mac is good for gaming no doubt.

I have spoken to those who have used a Mac in the past and I too have used a Mac in the past and it is not a computer I would recommend to someone who wants to play video games.

If you are looking to play video games, I would go for a Windows PC or a game console capable of running the games you enjoy playing.