Lost- Return of the King

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
---------SPOILER ALERT----------

That's right, with its spectacular season finale, Lost has pole vaulted itself back to the cream of the crop (I felt it never left, but whatever). Yesterday's show was A+, 4 stars, hands down the best season finale I've seen in years. Lost is the best show on TV, and hopefully the bums who abandoned ship will get back on when next season starts in 2008.

Twist on top of twist. Charlie died (drowned), that Russian guy can't die (it seems), the survivors actually contacted the outside world, Sayid, Jin, and Bernard were shot (but not really), Walt appeared to Locke (who apparently can't die either), Naomi is not who she says she is (but that doesn't matter because Locke killed her), and Locke tried to kill jack but couldn't go through with it. But the biggest surprise of all is that the flash back we thought we were seeing throughout the show was a flash forward. The survivors at least Jack, Kate, and the mystery person (maybe Ben perhaps) who dies, will evidently get off of the island and get back to the world at some point. Jack has fallen on very hard times it seems, and actually wants the survivors to return to the island. With Jack's terrible disposition there is a sense that very huge events have yet to occur.

It'll be a long wait until the next season for fans of Lost. And for anyone who isn't a fan of the best show on TV, you don't know what you're missing on Lost. You may think you do, but you really don't. Give it a try, or a second try.

Yeah, it was a pretty awesome show. I thought the whole Charlie sacrifice thing was great. But the show wasn't perfect...

I don't know about this whole flash forward thing. Maybe it will take time for me to come around to it. The reason I don't like it that much initially is probably because I don't know the mechanics and the circumstances behind it just yet. The awesome thing about the flashback device in Lost is that it has a logical and contextual basis: a person ponders past events relevant to their current situation. It works both in conveying story and maintaining Lost's reality. The flashforwards... not sure how they work. If Jack is glimpsing this future scenario (which it seemed like he was), he sure doesn't heed it like a Desmond would. Which leads me to believe he isn't glimpsing the future, only us the viewers.

It might be cool if in the 4th season the action takes place mainly back home with all the problems, and the flashbacks are to the island, starting where it left off in the season 3 finale. Now that would be something. Because, you know, focusing the action on the jungle and island is kind of becoming stale. Maybe make it 60% real world and 40% flashbacks to the island pre-escape.

I heartily agree with the contribution made by the advertisement below Ethan's post. Obviously, the ad has eaten greatly from the cereal box of life and discovered many of the prizes within.

Yeah, and I haven't watched Lost at all since a few episodes of the first season. Are there still giant polar bears around? For me, that was the entire draw of the show.