"Looks Good, Plays the Same"

They are fools for that. But at the same time ppl will buy it. Sad but true. I will reserve one and will debate myslef if I want it. On my birthday will be when I decide. Plus what happen to Killzone and Devil May Cry. They were the big names last year and now nothing. The launch is weak. But I can get pass that. But there is nothing that I want from Sony this launch. The Wii is bought regardless. But Sony may have lost a fan. Guess I might as well join with Xbox

PrinceLUDA21 said:
The launch is weak.
WRONG. Nobody has any idea what the launch lineup for the PS3 is. And even so, there are so many games well into the development cycle that there will be a COLOSSAL LINEUP OF BLOCKBUSTER GAMES.

spudlyff8fan said:
WRONG. Nobody has any idea what the launch lineup for the PS3 is. And even so, there are so many games well into the development cycle that there will be a COLOSSAL LINEUP OF BLOCKBUSTER GAMES.

I'll tell you what You tell me what games you know of that are being done and what you know of coming. I say weak because there is nothing so far on the lauch lineup that I want.

Here is a arrtical of something I saw. It contains the development proscess of some games so far.

May 10, 2006 - The PlayStation 3's big unveiling is the first chance developers have had to show off years and years of work. But how much work have they been able to get done? Here's a quick report of the PS3 games we have been able to take a glance at and their states of completion.

Mobile Suit Gundam -- 20%
Resistance: Fall of Man -- 70%
Warhawk -- 30% (this must be why the demo here was so small, short, incomplete, and not-yet-devastating)
Gran Turismo HD -- 20%
Heavenly Sword -- 50%
Genji 2 -- 60%
F1 '06 -- 60%
Virtua Tennis 3 -- 20%
Sonic the Hedgehog -- 40%
Madden 07 -- 30%
Heavy Rain -- 20%
WarDevil -- ?? (this is the first PS3 demo of the game; it has previously been built on PC, and this early PS3 build does not yet have anti-aliasing, motion blur, or depth of field)
Indiana Jones -- *TBA (not confirmed)
Full Auto 2: Battlelines -- *TBA
The Club -- *TBA
Fatal Inertia -- *TBA
For more number-hungry fiends, we have been able to confirm that two PS3 games are indeed running at 1080p -- Gran Turismo HD from SCE and WarDevil from indie developer Digi-Guys. Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream may be in 1080p or 1080i, but this is entirely unconfirmed (its presence in the SCE booth leads heavily to this, as we have heard that heavy hurdles were put up who could get their game on the floor.) Resistance: Fall of Man is also targetting higher resolutions (1080p or 1080i), but it does not yet hit those heights. The vast majority of PS3 games seen have been running at 720p.

spudlyff8fan said:

Showing FFXIII and a sequel was hot and had me stuned for a moment. A moment that passed very fast when I didn't see any Devil May Cry 4. FYI Super Smash Bros Brawl looks great!

Ok. i kno most of the ppl posting aren't, or are going to wait a considerable amount, of time till they get get the PS3. I just think u guys flaming the launch of the PS3 are just enraged and irritated that u can't get the system by launch. Yeah i think it's alittle pricey but it's only $200 more then the 360. I believe PS3, Wii and the XBOX 360 are gonna be close, but the PS3's gonna come up on top. Blu-Ray Discs can hold up to 10 times the data/info that the 360's dvds can hlod. This might mean more content, longer gameplay, and better graphics. PS3 also has some aspects of the other competitors. Great Graphics/PS HUD(equivalent to XBOX Live), Backwards compatibility and they also 'jerked' Nintendo ' in it's revoltionary gameplay' with the "six degrees of movement". The PS3, in my opinon, will be the greater gaming console.

To touch on the launch titles no one system had a marvelous line-up. Look at the 360... u had to wait a couple of months 4 the really good games to come out. So u can't just knock down a system 'cause of the launch titles, cuz we're buying it for the games that'll come out later. We're investing on the PS3 for the long run. Great games will come.

Until one of us gets our hands on all 3 next-gen systems we can't fully gasp the aspects of each system, and even say which system's greater or would've been worth the money.

P.S. Sony's planning on sending 6 million units at launch world-wide. 2 million to Japan, 2 million to the US, and 2 million units to Europe.

And I heard to program the games on the system is way to hard.

That's funny I heard the exact same thing at the PS2's launch. Apparently wasn't that big of a deal =P.

He's a fanboy because he has a little bit of faith and isn't being a complete pessimist about the launch of the system? I happen to know he isn't a Sony fanboy or a Nintendo hater. As a matter of fact I've heard him called a Nintendo fanboy at some other forums -_-.

Right, few fanboys. Somehow Nintendo managed to undersell MS and Sony last generation yet I see more Nintendo fanboys then anybody else. I don't think Sony's fanboys are going anywhere. I saw a thread on the Sony forums (I don't frequently go there, it was just this one time. I'm not a fanboy for anybody I just wanna play my fucking games) about yada yada yada we got screwed blah blah blah and it died in about a week and had little more then 1 page of posts and died. The fanboys don't give much of a crap. I don't see the fanboys dying. As long as there is stupid there is fanboys.

When the PS2, PSX, X-Box etc. came out for $300 people were flipping out too, granted not as much. You don't HAVE to get the 600 dollar one. IMO the price still isn't far off from the 360. If you include Live for a year the price of a 360 is 470 (and remember you HAVE to get the premium package which everyone seems to be assuming with the PS3), and I'd say a majority of X-Box owners have Live. Buy a PS3 for 500. Tada, no huge difference. Even from 470 to 600 it's not a humongous gap. I find it funny though how people will complain how games are becoming too far off and shouldn't be media centers and all that etc. etc. yet so many peope clamor for the extra crap from the more expensive version.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to buy it because $600 is alot of money, but I get sick of hearing people hating on it almost exclusively for the price after a while. Instead of complaining now, and ranting how you won't get it, it's a waste of money etc., just wait till it gets cheaper and buy it then. Whee.

The games will be good, Wii's games will be good, 360's games will be good. Can't we all just appreciate the good games on all 3 instead of playing favorites and guzzling the haterade for everyone else -_-?

BTW when I say "people" I refer to everyone in general not people in this forum.

Last edited:
basilmunroe said:
Poor Spuds. He's that last remnant of the Sony Fanboys. Keep fighting the good fight, fat little ninja!
I'm not a Sony fanboy. I'm just being realistic. But at the rate Nintendo's going, the 360 i going to be the cheapest console.

*pees on Basil's head*

I wasn't aware this was "fun", but I guess posting my opinion is pissing all over you people.

Last edited:
basilmunroe said:
That's what one reviewer (who spent the morning playing PS3) had to say. Soooooo ... $600 for a graphics upgrade?

I really think I might sit this one out, even in a few years when the prices drop.
if you think this is only a graphics upgrade you saddly mistaken you should finish reading full articles and watch full previews, i mean xbox 360 makes less sence 300 bucks for a white xbox with a more expencive live comunity... yeah have fun! ill pay for what its worth and ps3 will be worth every penny, sony has yet to dissapont me... i mean there trying there best and soon ill be there helping them

Zeromonkey said:
if you think this is only a graphics upgrade you saddly mistaken you should finish reading full articles and watch full previews, i mean xbox 360 makes less sence 300 bucks for a white xbox with a more expencive live comunity... yeah have fun! ill pay for what its worth and ps3 will be worth every penny, sony has yet to dissapont me... i mean there trying there best and soon ill be there helping them

Name the upgrades the PS3 will have. Tell me something that Sony is doing with the PS3 that is different than what the did with the PS2. And do not count Blu-Ray because thats like a huge graphics upgrade. Yes the 360 is a huge Live comunity but guess what the PS3 will be a $600 version. Maybe you should re-read those articles again.