"Looks Good, Plays the Same"

I saw the reviewer playing the game Red Steel and it just looked excellent with the new Wii controller . PS3 games look great but at the end of the day they're the same games with better grapics.

My sentiments exactly. If the only real innovation for the PS3 is the motion control then what is the point. Fancy graphics on mindless games does not a system make. I would consider myself an excited gamer when it comes to next-gen stuff, but not so much that can't see through the hype and wait out the storm.

Well the Xbox pulled the same stunts last year. And what inprovments did they make. I think everyones problem is that the system will cost the more that $499 and everyone is getting pissed. If the price was lower would we really care. the 360 was $399 with no extras but it was a fine price. High but understanable. Sony jerked themselves on this go round. I don't hink they will be holding onto that crown long. Nobody is on top forever.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Well the Xbox pulled the same stunts last year. And what inprovments did they make. I think everyones problem is that the system will cost the more that $499 and everyone is getting pissed. If the price was lower would we really care. the 360 was $399 with no extras but it was a fine price. High but understanable. Sony jerked themselves on this go round. I don't hink they will be holding onto that crown long. Nobody is on top forever.

It's not about a price. And I call 360 on the thing of better grapics but the same games. Even though some games will be great no matter what. The new metal gear or devil may cry 4. It's still just the games you love wit better graphics. And we all knew the price of the system was going to be high. I just wanted sony to take more of a risk like nintendo did.

So did I, So did I. But before the price was speculation. Now it's offical everyone is pissed. Or is because of the two verions of the system that has us in up roar. I'll reserve on but it's not a guarantee that i will buy one. Like I said before $599 is a lot to ask of someone. And sinse i'm not getting anything for my money then why spend that much. There are no LAUNCH TITLES THAT I WANT. MGS4 is next year. DMC4 no date not details nothing. The game shows up last year then nothing. And the controller is wack.

The arguments about the games themselves should be put into perspective. I can't remember any console launch that really had games that truly exemplified what the new system could really do. We know the graphics for games on both the 360 and PS3 will knock us out next year, so we'll have to wait on the graphics argument.

That means we have to look at the other improvements to the systems. The new 360 dashboard is great. I really like it and find that the more I do on my machine, the more I need the dashboard. The xbl capabilities are awesome. The feel of the controller is sweet. The possibilities of improved communications, graphics and enormous size capacities of games bode well, but haven't been delivered on yet.

What does Sony offer? I have heard nothing about their online aspects. If it was capable of half of XBL, then they would begin pushing it, but their silence does not reflect well on either quality or focus (it'll be lousy if they don't put the effort into it). Their boomerang controller looks horrible, but how does it feel? How's the interface "dashboard"? Sony seems focused on pushing how great BluRay will be and how important it is that the PS3 uses that tech. Will that really matter? If the market for Blu Ray doesn't take off, then it won't matter even a little bit.

Interesting point that i heard yesterday....It was said by one of the higher ups of Playstation.....Excuse me, this one is gonna be a hard statement to repeat......and excuse if i misquote....ah, screw it.....He basically said comparing the price is like comparing eating in a cafeteria to eating in a fine dining establishment........Earth to Sony, some cafeteria's aren't as bad as they seem.......No, what i meant to say is where the heck did that statement come from..........I would love to get the PS3, but without all the features on the $499.00 system, there is no way....I'm a tech geek and the picture quality of the HDMI output is outstanding, but if they are expecting me to sell one of my body parts to get the system :doctor: , they're out of their mind.....I think the Microsoft Big Dog said it best yesterday on G4TV...."Our system is for High Definition Gaming first, and then if consumers want to watch HD-DVD, they have the option to buy the additional hardware".....now there might be some sore opinions on this.....but if you think about the actual availibility of these High Class DVD formats(BluRay or Hd-DVD), it will be awhile before any of that hardware will be put to exceptional use :meditate:

There's more you can do with all that extra power other then make prettier graphics -_-.

I would think considering these are some rather preemptive titles and the controller is well, the same, that it would play the same. I don't exactly see the 360 doing anything different either.

Give it time and I think the extra power can lend itself to making some impressive games, but impressive in not only their graphics but the scope of their gameplay, comparable to the innovations done with the Wii (caliber-wise, not as in the same thing). I really don't think those sequels will be the "same thing but prettier". ESPECIALLY MGS4. Remember the jump from MGS to MGS2? I think Kojima could pull something like that off again.

Keep positive.

Last edited:
But who wants to be the first to jump off the cliff? That's a $600 jump (no one will want to get the cheap version) that I'm not prepared to take unless I know it's worth it. (Even then, I'll have to save up my lunch money). They need to give me some darn good reasons as to why I should drop that much on a PS3 instead of a 360 AND a Wii. As far as I can see, there isn't enough reason for me to make that investment. At least not now.

Anyone know if there'll be shortages at launch? If so I'm gonna buy 2 Ps3s.

One to play...

One to sell for £3000

^Buy 3! One to play, one to sell and one to hold the screen door open!

OHHHH!

/fanboyism.

With the arrogance it seems Sony is showing in the press I am reading and the interviews I am watching it is seeming more and more likely I will have a 2 console house. :(

I'm about to buy a house so taking out a second mortgage to buy one of these things is out of the question.

As for shortages, there will be 2 million worldwide at launch (if they actually deliver instead of what they've done in the past). Keep in mind that's worldwide. Japan will probably get a big chunk of that. So let's say we in the US have 700-900, 000 available to us. IF there's enough idiots out there willing to drop $600 on one, then there'll be a shortage. If not, then there will be no mad dash to get one and the stores will be using them as dust collectors.

They may create a false demand by putting out few of them.

Yeah, didn't Sony create a false demand fiasco with the PSP? I remember that it GameStop and EB Games didn't have PSP's but that Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart and other had plenty just sitting around.

The other big problem is that Sony was touting the PS3 as the top dog of the next generation, a system so powerful that it could do everything. Now some of the specs have changed and the less costly (albeit still very expensive) $499 version is going to be missing a number of important features that the $599 version will have. How can you "rule everything" with a console that is short of its full potential? I just have to wonder, what is Sony doing? Messin' Up.

Sony's rain on top looks to becomeing to a end.

They are asking too much from us. And I heard to program the games on the system is way to hard. A few companies are lloking to make games for the 360 because it's easier. Sony is losing the exclusive titles. Not all but some.