Load times on a Handheld

KiKaL

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
I never thought about it tell recently but the PSP has load times. For instance as reported by IGN in Ridge racer you must wait 10 seconds to load a preview of the map, then another 14 seconds for the map to actually load. To me this is a huge turn off for the PSP. As of now its looking like no PSP for me anytime soon.

another huge factor is the battery life. in order to increase the life of the battery's charge, programmer shave to burn the data on the disc so that there is minimun spinning. the more the disc spins, the more the battery will deplete. this is always a factor for console games of today, to minimize load times, but it is going to be a HUGE factor for PSP games.
But i think the PSP comes out in a week or two in Japan, so we can learn more then.

Yes battery life has always been the deciding factor in hand helds, look at the lynx and game gear (which wasn't all that bad, i think) but i believe Sony has a large enough fanboy base to hold it steady for a while, in the handheld catagory.

a load time of 30 seconds? man...we're a country that wants it now and fast...;)

does it come with a rechargable battery? It's bound to have an AC adapter, eh?

I still want one...something about them reminds me of the game gear which i loved the layout of.