Legend of Mana!

Plus

Forum Cat
Registered
Feb 14, 2015
Being on this topic of gaming classics, for me, brought up one of my first real gaming experience where I absolutely could not put the controller down. I had been just a wee child when I found Legend of Mana for my Playstation 1 and enjoyed the way it played. I've actually been able to find it at a local flea market for only $20~, which blew my mind. This game, at least online, usually sells for about $45-$100. I also recently bought it on my Playstation Vita in the classics store, I guess I just figured I'd like to have it on both since I loved it so much.

It was one of the first games to introduce a system where I'd be able to form a party of my choosing, raise a pet if I wanted and just really give me some choices in my characters. I realize there were some games before this that definitely allowed this but for me this was a first, and because of that it will always stay pretty close to me.

So has anyone else played this game? Loved it or hated it? Maybe even indifferent towards it? Share your thoughts!

The Mana series peaked with the SNES release. Final Fantasy Adventure is also a good game and America never got the Secret of Mana sequel Japan got. Legend of Mana, Heroes of Mana, and even Children of Mana just didnt stand as tall as the original. Secret of Mana on SNES still is one of my favorite games of all time. Just could not get into Legend of Mana though.

I loved Legend of Mana. I liked the crafting mechanism and get awesome weapons after it. The character design was simple, but the levels and locations were wonderful. I also find the NPC characters fun and interesting. It was one of my most memorable games. I was not able to complete all the stories or missions though. Too bad my PS1 broke already.

Reactions: Plus
The Mana series peaked with the SNES release. Final Fantasy Adventure is also a good game and America never got the Secret of Mana sequel Japan got. Legend of Mana, Heroes of Mana, and even Children of Mana just didnt stand as tall as the original. Secret of Mana on SNES still is one of my favorite games of all time. Just could not get into Legend of Mana though.
I've heard that before! I didn't get the chance to play the older games in the series unfortunately, but I'm glad I got to dabble into the series. I can only imagine if I loved Legend of Mana so much how well the others were made.

I'll definitely have to see about investing into it.

Legend of Mana is the game that got me interested on Final Fantasy games. I really enjoyed it and hoped that a sequel would be made so there is a release for Vita? I'm definitely going to get it if there is! :D

Legend of Mana is the game that got me interested on Final Fantasy games. I really enjoyed it and hoped that a sequel would be made so there is a release for Vita? I'm definitely going to get it if there is! :D

The more that I think of it the more I'd have to agree that it got me into the Final Fantasy games as well! I guess that's another thing I'm grateful to them for.
I did some reading on the franchise and the latest game they released was in 2014, it seems it was only in Japan but it -was- on the Vita!

v Source v
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana_(series)

Yes! I adored Legend of Mana! I really was, and I think still is, quite different from any other game out there. The way you had so many options for progressing the storyline, the strange crafting system, the pets. It was all just different enough to make a really unique game. I was also in love with the graphics at the time. It was cute and pretty and adventurous. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a soft spot for the game. None of my friends seemed to really appreciate it.